talkie monkey

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

daaceking

talkie monkey

Post by daaceking »

Hello,

what's the deal with the talkie versions of monkey island. the reason i'm asking is because apperntly scummvm was modified for it to work. so does symbian version not work or does it?

thanks,
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Ehh what talkie version of monkey are you talking about? There are several official monkey island games, of which there exist various versions. And ScummVM for Symbian supports all variants just as the PC version of ScummvM
daaceking

Post by daaceking »

some dudes are getting the old versions but adding speech audio from the special editions with the windows version of the emulator supporting them. I'm wondering if the symbian version is the same :) also, there is an issue with the cd version of secret of monkey island posted in the help and support section. Please can you take a look thanks
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

ScummVM can't run the Special Editions of Monkey Island 1 and 2.
daaceking

Post by daaceking »

Sorry but you have misunderstood. It is the normal version with talking from the special editions apparently compatible with scummvm pc
spazomataz

Post by spazomataz »

I think he's talking about these two. theres a patch by the author that would need to be applied to get them to work.
Monkey Island 1 Talkie
Monkey Island 2 Talkie
jvprat
ScummVM Developer

Re: talkie monkey

Post by jvprat »

daaceking wrote:what's the deal with the talkie versions of monkey island. the reason i'm asking is because apperntly scummvm was modified for it to work. so does symbian version not work or does it?
The patch has been submitted to our patch tracker, but it isn't integrated into the official source tree yet, so the official ScummVM (the one you can download from scummvm.org) doesn't support it (neither the Windows nor the Symbian versions). It's currently only supported by unofficial builds distributed by third parties that include that patch.
daaceking

Post by daaceking »

that's the information i was looking for :) i know the talkie versions are incomplete, however, if they are complete, will there be support in the official versions of the emulator? Thanks