BuildBot trunk or branch versions

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Les

BuildBot trunk or branch versions

Post by Les »

Hi, I tried to download the trunk and branch versions from buildbot, but I receive always error with missing file.
Did you already stopped complete support of this port? :(

Thanks

Les
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

The WinCE port currently is in a broken state, making it impossible to compile it. Sadly, it seems nobody is left on the team with the ability to fix and test the port, not to mention improving it further.

If you can find a developer who is capable of and interested in maintaining the WinCE port, we'd be most happy to collaborate.

As it is, though, yes, the WinCE port is essentially dead for the time being. It's sad, but I guess the lack of developers is related to the declining interest in the platform overall.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

fingolfin wrote:The WinCE port currently is in a broken state, making it impossible to compile it. Sadly, it seems nobody is left on the team with the ability to fix and test the port, not to mention improving it further.

If you can find a developer who is capable of and interested in maintaining the WinCE port, we'd be most happy to collaborate.

As it is, though, yes, the WinCE port is essentially dead for the time being. It's sad, but I guess the lack of developers is related to the declining interest in the platform overall.
Where did Robin Watts go? Did he quit the dev team?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

pncFreak wrote:Where did Robin Watts go? Did he quit the dev team?
Last time I talked with him he was quite busy with real life and seeing his activity right now he still is I guess.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Seems he's busy in real life; I haven't heard from him for quite some time.