Windows CE ARM port

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sv_kaan

Windows CE ARM port

Post by sv_kaan »

Hi guys! Could you please give an information about Windows CE ARM port of ScummVM 1.2.0/1.2.1? Windows mobile is very widespread mobile OS in Russia and post-soviet countries (in contrast to Europe and America), but it seems that work on this port is stopped, so many people here can't use last versions... Is it planned to update this port or it's die?

Many thanks,
with love from Russia;)
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

There is a nightly (development build) here:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html

I'm not a WiMo user myself so I don't actually know for sure if it is working and/or updated, but the link claims it is of the 1.2.x branch.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Note that we currently have no active WinCE developer. If WinCE is still that popular in post-soviet countries, maybe you can find some capable coders there who are interested in helping us with that?
sv_kaan

Post by sv_kaan »

BOBDEVIS, thanks, will try this...
FINGOLFIN, yes, WinMo is still popular, but it seems that not so much people interested in old games on scumm or sci engines and can/have ability to spend time on this project. I'll try to search...
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

A pity...

Note that only the 1.2.x branch gets builds; the WinCE on trunk (i.e. the version of the code that will eventually become 1.3.0) is not even compiling, and nobody is working on fixing it, it seems.