Test 1.2 versions

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Wesknapper

Discworld 2 on HTC HD2

Post by Wesknapper »

Hello all

Has anyone got Discworld 2 working on ppc scummvm i have it booting but when it gets to the game play it crashes any ideas on how to get it working
pilaxoft

Post by pilaxoft »

I got running in wince4.2 ipaq hp 1940 with full ram free. Scumm version was 1.0.0. Sometimes it crashed out due to lack of memory.
pilaxoft

Post by pilaxoft »

This friday I start a vacance week.
I have some standby works. I promise I´m going to test some games: Loading, start playing, etc.

Regards.
greywolf22

Space Quest III

Post by greywolf22 »

Interesting item. Tested Space Quest III (VGA) and it worked fine on 1.2.0svn51397, but testing the same version with 1.2.053554 I get strange screen artifacts. Doesn't seem to clear the screen on redraw (an example...when first loaded the SIERRA logo appears, when the first game screen appears part of the logo is still showing). Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or just something in my setup. Running on an HTC Touch Pro 2 windows Mobile 6.5
andrea2054

Post by andrea2054 »

I've tried the 1.2.0 version on my PocketPc HP iPAQ h2200 running Windows CE 4.2.
I've found two issues:
- Localization: The OS is italian, but the GUI is english.
- When I hide the virtual keyboard strange things happens:
- the game is not scaled to fill the screen;
- a black band appears in the bottom part of the screen
- the lowest part of the game graphics is missing
- strange artifact appears on the screen when the image scrolls left or right

Version 1.1.1 works well.

Game tested: Goblins 3 and Dragon History

TIA
jvprat
ScummVM Developer

Post by jvprat »

andrea2054 wrote:- Localization: The OS is italian, but the GUI is english.
The WinCE backend probably hasn't implemented the language autodetection. You should be able to change it on the "Misc" tab of the Options dialog.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

jvprat wrote:
The WinCE backend probably hasn't implemented the language autodetection. You should be able to change it on the "Misc" tab of the Options dialog.
Or it just didn't enable that code, in case the code for normal Windows works too. Or there's some problem with it on WinCE, i.e. like it not returning a proper locale.
andrea2054

Post by andrea2054 »

LordHoto wrote:
jvprat wrote:
Or it just didn't enable that code, in case the code for normal Windows works too. Or there's some problem with it on WinCE, i.e. like it not returning a proper locale.
I think the code isn't enabled, because the language option is missing. In the normal Windows is present and working
KMBeatz

Post by KMBeatz »

Thank you very much!

It worked on my WinCe 6.0 PNA Mio V505!

Please make more ones with the newest Scummvm releases!

thank you very very much
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

Gave it a whirl on a Dell Axim X50 with WM 2003. Day of the Tentacle seems to work fine (though I haven't played it too much with 1.2). Island of Dr. Brain, on the other hand, suffered from a lot of glitchiness with moving the cursor around via the stylus. It almost seemed like touching an area of the screen caused a click, THEN move action on the part of the game. This produced issues with the following puzzles:

Animated Jigsaw Puzzle: Pieces frequently went back into the chest even though the click after was somewhere else (unless they were dragged out of the chest, they almost always went back in)
Spectrum Analyzer Puzzle: This puzzle often won't take the actual solution, it takes quite a bit of effort to make it do so.
(There were a couple others, but I can't remember them offhand)

Later in the game, the calibration seemed to get out of whack (the hand would frequently change into the eye, and changing it back to the hand often led to the mode of the lower bar changing).

Tying in with that, if the lower bar was turned off in either IoDB or DOTT, there would be issues with refreshing the bottom portion of the screen.

This was all done with ScummVM1.exe. Attempting to load the unified binary caused the system to lock up, even with most of the system's 64MB RAM allocated to program execution.

(EDIT)Upon further investigation, it appears the issues with Island of Dr. Brain also affected a couple other SCI games I tried (Pepper's Adventures in Time and Castle of Dr. Brain).
tudor

Rotation

Post by tudor »

Hey,
I'm having big issues with rotation with this release. The mouse sprite appears to be 90 degrees rotated to the mouse tap. This occurs even on the first game selection screen. Very tricky! I'm using a HTC Tytn II P4550 running wm6.1. I have tried adding rotation to the ini file but it rotates both. Any ideas? Cheers, Tudor
Ravicai

Re: Space Quest III

Post by Ravicai »

greywolf22 wrote:Interesting item. Tested Space Quest III (VGA) and it worked fine on 1.2.0svn51397, but testing the same version with 1.2.053554 I get strange screen artifacts. Doesn't seem to clear the screen on redraw (an example...when first loaded the SIERRA logo appears, when the first game screen appears part of the logo is still showing). Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or just something in my setup. Running on an HTC Touch Pro 2 windows Mobile 6.5
I am having the exact same problem. I'm also running an HTC Touch Pro 2 (using an earilier build of WM6.1).
Ravicai

Post by Ravicai »

Ravicai wrote:
greywolf22 wrote:Interesting item. Tested Space Quest III (VGA) and it worked fine on 1.2.0svn51397, but testing the same version with 1.2.053554 I get strange screen artifacts. Doesn't seem to clear the screen on redraw (an example...when first loaded the SIERRA logo appears, when the first game screen appears part of the logo is still showing). Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or just something in my setup. Running on an HTC Touch Pro 2 windows Mobile 6.5
I am having the exact same problem. I'm also running an HTC Touch Pro 2 (using an earilier build of WM6.1).
Workaround: The refresh problem appears to happen with default or x2. If you use x2 SAI it will refresh normally :)
cerial
ScummVM Porter

Post by cerial »

Ravicai wrote:
Ravicai wrote:
Workaround: The refresh problem appears to happen with default or x2. If you use x2 SAI it will refresh normally :)
This issue should be fixed now in the latest stable daily build. Could you please download the latest stable daily build from http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html (on the bottom right) and report back if it works for you, too?
Ravicai

Post by Ravicai »

cerial wrote:This issue should be fixed now in the latest stable daily build. Could you please download the latest stable daily build from http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html (on the bottom right) and report back if it works for you, too?
Yeah, I actually tried the stable build and beta build and it had the same problem :( Any of the graphics filters work fine though :)