SirDave's PocketScumm Manual

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Gucek001

Post by Gucek001 »

Hi to all!

SirDave: Great job! Thank you! After seeing your manual I was going to convert it to Pocket-Mobile-help format (or whatever its name is). :) But then I noticed that Windows-based help makes much more sense, because majority of those procedures is done on 'host' machine. In most cases it will be Win (yes - I know - or Linux or OSX or anything else - let's skip this thread for now ok?)

sev & fingolfin: I have a question related to Wiki: After putting the manual into Wiki will it be possible to (painlessly!?) convert it to .chm and pocket-help formats (and maybe other?). I mean - I'm pretty sure it will be possible - the problem is - if the amount of necessary work isn't to big for that? Or: will there be anybody willing to do that?

Now why I write all this: I want (actually - I already started) to make .chm file with this manual. You may check that I'm "worthy" here. :D That .chm file was created by me for similar reasons.

1. I'm going to use ScummVM forum's design as it fits perfectly the purpose - I believe it's ok?
2. What about updates? This is the main reason Wiki _would_ be great...
3. As I started splitting and formatting the manual into html files (which btw. may be reused later) ..I noticed that >90% of content applies to other ScummVM versions! So - I could probably try to incorporate "everything else" into it some day. For now - I will just stick to SirDave's manual.

:?: Please, tell me what you think :?:
SirDave

Post by SirDave »

GuceK001:

I'm glad you've found it helpful.

My plan is to add the manual to the Wiki in the next several weeks. At some point, it may be able to be converted to PDF format.

Any copying of the manual as you describe must retain the title SirDave's Manual and if placed on an online site, have a link back to the source here.
robinwatts
ScummVM Developer

Post by robinwatts »

Minor point. The batch file given in the 'Full Throttle' section has an error in it; it refers to *.bun when it should refer to *.san.

Thanks for a great manual!

Robin
SirDave

Post by SirDave »

robinwatts wrote:Minor point. The batch file given in the 'Full Throttle' section has an error in it; it refers to *.bun when it should refer to *.san.

Thanks for a great manual!

Robin
Thanks Robin. Good eye there. Those are just the sort of typos I hate to see occur.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Thank you for a nice manual SirDave!

I had troubles getting compression of Broken Sword 1 to work, following the manual, using the 0.12 version of scummtools.

When the SPEECH and MUSIC folders with CD1 and CD2 files was placed in the c:\scumm\ folder it would not recognise the folders and I got an error message.
(probably due to a comi project folder being present in the c:\scumm\ at the same time?)

But, moving compress_sword1.exe and lame.exe to the c:\scumm\sword1\ folder did the trick!

I used the command as follows:

compress_sword1.exe --mp3 .