Building the plugins version (dynamic modules)?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

burkilos

Building the plugins version (dynamic modules)?

Post by burkilos »

A few versions ago, dynamic modules were introduced and are now supported for WinCE. Is anyone successfully building plugins?

My attempt at this has been that I end up with a 97kb scummvm.exe, a scummvm.dll and the various engine .dll files. But on my WM6.5 device, a WM6.1 emulator and a WM5 emulator, I get the hourglass for a second and then nothing as if I never started it - no error messages. My same cegcc setup can build static modules just fine.

I'm building on SVN and have made the appropriate DYNAMIC_MODULE changes in Makefile. I am using "make all" to build both the .exe and the .dlls.

Based on all the memory issues going around and the memory limit per process on WinCE5, plugins would seem to be the solution. Would be nice to get it going.
burkilos

Post by burkilos »

I am now getting an error message (looks like Resco Explorer was dismissing the error for me...) when running from a shortcut in Start Menu:

"'scummvm' is not a valid Pocket PC application"

I'm using geccc built from svn and running ScummVM on a Windows Mobile 6.5 device, but also getting the same on WM6.1 and WM5 through emulator.

From what I gather, this is an issue with missing symbols for the DLLs. But which one??

Is this due to my version of ming?

Again, a static plugin version built the same way runs just fine.