CE 6.0 R3 Embedded

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

vleermans

CE 6.0 R3 Embedded

Post by vleermans »

Hi all,

I have already been looking everywhere for the answer, but I'm afraid it'll be just me :-(
I got yesterday a MID X10 tablet (http://www.prlog.org/10836602-x10-mid-t ... where.html), on which I was hoping to install the CE-version of ScummVM, and thus playing all the games from my youth...
Therefore, I downloaded the Windows CE ARM package from the download site, and extracted everything onto the internal harddisk, and executed Scumm.exe.
Doesn't work: I get the message: "Application SCUMMVM.EXE encountered a serious error and must shut down".
Quite surely I must be doing something wrong, because in the 'Docs' Readme joined with the package, it says I should have 'modern.ini and modern.zip in the same directory'. But I don't have these files...
Can anyone please try to put me back on the right track please ? Looking sooo forward to succeeding here :-)

Tech data for the tablet:
X10 MID Tablet PC uses ARM Telechip 8901 (800MHz) processor, standard 128MB (upgradeable to 256MB) memory, 2GB (upgradeable to 16GB) memory, 7 inch screen supports a maximum resolution of 800 × 480 pixels, pre-installed on WindowsCE 6.0 or Android operating system, supports microSD expansion capacity, built-in 3G modules and GPS global positioning system, also equipped with mini HDMI output interface.

Any help would be gigantically appreciated !

Hugo
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Sounds like the exe is not compatible with the cpu of your device somehow. Try an older version perhaps to see if that works?
Check out the older versions here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/scummvm/files/
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

And also.. I think that the offical build is for WM , Win CE is not really WM, there are significant differences which could stop you from running the app. But older releases might again not have this WM dependency.
seubz

Post by seubz »

Windows CE builds only work with Windows CE 5.0. Windows Mobile 6.x is basically Windows CE 5.0 + extra features, meaning you won't be able to use these binaries on Windows CE 6 or CE 7.
vleermans

Post by vleermans »

Hey, thanks !
Although it's not really the answer I was hoping for :cry:

But still: appreciate it !
evil_chemist

Post by evil_chemist »

I've got the same problem with my no-name 7" mini netbook which has an ARM WM 8505 processor and Windows CE 6.0 OS :cry: But I still try to fire up the Full Throttle game on it.
evil_chemist

Post by evil_chemist »

I've scratched my head for some time and managed to launch the ScummVM on my netbook (see above). vleermans, take a look into stderr.log file in ScummVM directory. In my case it told me that there is no GAPI in my device. I've downloaded and launched it. Unfortunately, my netbook is not officially supported by GAPI, so I had to use the GAPI emulation. But THIS DAMN THING WORKS! Of course, it will take some time to set the program up for your needs, but IT WORKS!
Full Throttle Forever!!!!! :mrgreen:
pilaxoft

Post by pilaxoft »

I think scumm works somewhat in wince 6.x.x since there are quotes talking about devices using this opsys, like HD2, pure, touch pro, xpheria...

Regards.