Crash with Full Throttle and Xperia X1

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

nuvolarossa

Crash with Full Throttle and Xperia X1

Post by nuvolarossa »

Hello to everybody,
i am experiencing a problem with the last rc of scummvm (30 aug) and the english version of Full throttle. i am on winmo 6.1
Just at the beginning of the game, when you're about to enter the junkyard to pick up the fork for the motorcycle, the program stops abruptly and goes into the console. The message given is the following:

"Console is ready
Debugger started, type 'exit' to return to the game. Type ' help' to see a little list of command and varia
ERROR: (27:2008:0x86BA): createResource(Sound, 673): Ou"

..and then, when i type exit the program closes.

i tried to turn off the sound, but the problem remains. I also tried to pass that point with my desktop installation and re-copy the savegame, but i get again the same error in others points of the game (i found at least 2 of them).
I tried also with the french version of the game, but again this doesn't solve.
Last thing, i have no problem with other lucasarts games (indy, monkey)

Anybody can help me?
thanks,[/i]
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Crash with Full Throttle and Xperia X1

Post by eriktorbjorn »

nuvolarossa wrote: "Console is ready
Debugger started, type 'exit' to return to the game. Type ' help' to see a little list of command and varia
ERROR: (27:2008:0x86BA): createResource(Sound, 673): Ou"
It's truncating the lines of text, rather than word-wrapping them? Odd. The error message probably is "Out of memory while allocating <number>", which I guess could either mean that a file is corrupt (so that ScummVM is reading garbage where it expects the size of the sound), or that it genuinely is out of memory. I don't know which is more likely.
aplnx

Post by aplnx »

Hello!

I'm having the same problem but in another moment of the game. The console open showing the error message in createResource(sound, xxx) function.

Can I by pass this error? Can I disable the sound for awhile?
shadow131990

same prb

Post by shadow131990 »

I am also having this problem.I have a nokia 6120c
TRIED TO CLOSE SOME PROCESSES AND IT SEAMS TO WORK