SCI support?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Post Reply
User avatar
fisken uno
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 11:29 pm
Location: Lund, Sweden

SCI support?

Post by fisken uno »

In recent builds it seems that SCI support is broken? ScummVM does not detect any SCI games.

Also, in the last build I have that DID support SCI, ScummVM crashes if you try to save your game which makes testing a bit annoying since you always have to start from scratch...

User avatar
md5
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: Athens, Greece

Re: SCI support?

Post by md5 »

fisken uno wrote:In recent builds it seems that SCI support is broken? ScummVM does not detect any SCI games.

Also, in the last build I have that DID support SCI, ScummVM crashes if you try to save your game which makes testing a bit annoying since you always have to start from scratch...
SCI games are not supported yet, so crashes and glitches are to be expected. As for a build that supports SCI, you could always get the daily ones built from buildbot here:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/trunk/

User avatar
fisken uno
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 11:29 pm
Location: Lund, Sweden

Re: SCI support?

Post by fisken uno »

md5 wrote:
fisken uno wrote:In recent builds it seems that SCI support is broken? ScummVM does not detect any SCI games.

Also, in the last build I have that DID support SCI, ScummVM crashes if you try to save your game which makes testing a bit annoying since you always have to start from scratch...
SCI games are not supported yet, so crashes and glitches are to be expected. As for a build that supports SCI, you could always get the daily ones built from buildbot here:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/trunk/
That's the point: As far as I can tell, the daily builds fetched at http://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/1 ... st.tar.bz2 no longer recognize SCI games.

User avatar
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 3323
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:39 am

Re: SCI support?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

fisken uno wrote: That's the point: As far as I can tell, the daily builds fetched at http://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/1 ... st.tar.bz2 no longer recognize SCI games.
From what I've heard the SCI engine is not mature enough to be enabled in 1.0.0, so that's intentional. (The same is true about a couple of other, less known, game engines as well.)

User avatar
fisken uno
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 11:29 pm
Location: Lund, Sweden

Re: SCI support?

Post by fisken uno »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
fisken uno wrote: That's the point: As far as I can tell, the daily builds fetched at http://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/1 ... st.tar.bz2 no longer recognize SCI games.
From what I've heard the SCI engine is not mature enough to be enabled in 1.0.0, so that's intentional. (The same is true about a couple of other, less known, game engines as well.)
Ah, ok. Will have to wait and just use the older builds I have that do work with SCI games then. :)

Thanks anyway.

Post Reply