New SVN-Build (w/all engines) [Update: Nightlies available]

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

LordHoto wrote: Actually it should have MPEG support disabled by default.
Oof. That's what I actually meant to write. :oops:
lucx

Post by lucx »

So no need for mpeg2?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

lucx wrote:So no need for mpeg2?
Not at this time, at least. It used to be there for the Broken Sword cutscenes but the only advantage of MPEG was that those files were smaller, and the price of that was that they didn't look as good.

Supporting MPEG complicated the code, so when support was added for the original Smacker movies, MPEG support was dropped. I think there was an official release with MPEG movies, so we still provide re-encoded movies as a replacemant, but they use a different format.
lucx

Post by lucx »

hy,

how cerial says in his tutorial cruise engine does not build, this is error log:

[/code]arm-wince-mingw32ce-g++ -Wp,-MMD,"engines/cruise/.deps/actor.d2" -O3 -march=armv4 -mtune=xscale -DSCUMMVM_SVN_REVISION=\"42499\" -D_WIN32_WCE=300 -D__ARM__ -D_ARM_ -DUNICODE -DSCUMM_NEED_ALIGNMENT -DFPM_DEFAULT -DNONSTANDARD_PORT -DWIN32 -Dcdecl= -D__cdecl__= -Wno-multichar -DUSE_ZLIB -DUSE_MAD -DUSE_TREMOR -DUSE_VORBIS -DUSE_TREMOLO -DUSE_FLAC -DUSE_ARM_SMUSH_ASM -DUSE_ARM_GFX_ASM -DUSE_ARM_COSTUME_ASM -DENABLE_CINE=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_CRUISE=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_DRASCULA=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_GOB=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_GROOVIE=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_IGOR=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_KYRA=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_M4=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_MADE=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_PARALLACTION=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_SAGA=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_IHNM -DENABLE_SAGA2 -DENABLE_TINSEL=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_TUCKER=STATIC_PLUGIN -I../../.. -I. -I../../../engines -Imissing/gcc -I/opt/mingw32ce/arm-mingw32ce/include/SDL -I/opt/mingw32ce/arm-mingw32ce/include/tremolo -ICEgui -ICEkeys -Iinclude/tremolo -c ../../../engines/cruise/actor.cpp -o engines/cruise/actor.o
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:60: error: expected identifier before numeric constant
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:60: error: expected `}' before numeric constant
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:60: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:84: error: expected initializer before '*' token
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:92: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '*' token
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:93: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '*' token
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:103: error: 'scriptInstanceStruct' has not been declared
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:104: error: 'ovlData3Struct' was not declared in this scope
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:104: error: 'ptr' was not declared in this scope
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:104: error: expected primary-expression before 'int'
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:104: error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:106: error: variable or field 'resetPtr2' declared void
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:106: error: 'scriptInstanceStruct' was not declared in this scope
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:106: error: 'ptr' was not declared in this scope
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:113: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '*' token
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:115: error: 'scriptInstanceStruct' was not declared in this scope
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:115: error: 'ptrHandle' was not declared in this scope
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:117: error: variable or field 'resetActorPtr' declared void
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:117: error: 'actorStruct' was not declared in this scope
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:117: error: 'ptr' was not declared in this scope
../../../engines/cruise/cruise_main.h:119: error: expected declaration before '}' token
make: *** [engines/cruise/actor.o] Error 1
[/code][/list]

can this be fixt?
dinx2582

Post by dinx2582 »

I've tested the build linked earlier in this thread on my Verizon XV6800 (HTC TITAN) running WM6.1.

Same issue as another poster, wherein no input works, be it stylus or any buttons. No previous builds have given any such trouble.
cerial
ScummVM Porter

Post by cerial »

Ok, I seems it has been a bad idea to switch to new libs and a new compiler at once (the wm2003 problems, the input-problem, etc.) But I think the cause of all this is the new version of SDL I used.

So I've updated my local test-buildbot to the actual "official" scummvm-configuration. Also I've switched back to the old compiler and libs. And it seems the input-problems have gone away.
Additionally, I made the cruise engine work, so my buildbot currently builds binaries with _all_ engines supported now.
Also AGI seems to work again. I will release the URL to downloaded the snapshots built by my buildbot tomorrow, I think (I'd like have it running correctly for at least 48h before releasing the URL).

And right, as it has been written here before libmpeg2 is not needed anymore (but you should be able to build it with SDL disabled).

I'm sorry that the build available at my site causes all these new problems.

Here's a link for a 1.1.0pre snapshot built today (all engines activated and using the old libs and compiler):

[removed URL because official nightlies are now available]

Have fun!

Regards,
Cerial

(Edit: removed URL to SVN build, official nightlies are now available)
Last edited by cerial on Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lucx

Post by lucx »

Can you update your tutorial too? is very useful and good tutorial!!!!
NLS

Post by NLS »

so we are back to single exe?

also cerial, have you seen my PM? (long time ago - never got a reply)
dinx2582

Post by dinx2582 »

cerial wrote:...New build...
I'll be testing out this new build just as soon as I can get my annoying linux box to cooperate in mounting my sd card. I should have results soon(ish)!

edit:

I've tested it, and it appears to work at least in regards to the previously-mentioned input problem. Unfortunately the only thing I have with me to test is SQ3, which does appear to work no better/worse than it has in any previous builds.
cerial
ScummVM Porter

Post by cerial »

lucx wrote:Can you update your tutorial too? is very useful and good tutorial!!!!
I will certainly do that, but I think I won't come around doing this before the weekend. :(
NLS wrote:so we are back to single exe?

also cerial, have you seen my PM? (long time ago - never got a reply)
Yep, we're back to single .exe (for now at least - to make the buildbot work) I'm still looking how to tweak the build process elegantly to build 2 (or more) executables.
Oh, and you got a PM :)
dinx2582 wrote:I've tested it, and it appears to work at least in regards to the previously-mentioned input problem. Unfortunately the only thing I have with me to test is SQ3, which does appear to work no better/worse than it has in any previous builds.
I really was unaware of the fact that there were previous builds of scummvm for wince with sci support.. If I had known that, I maybe had never started with working to get a usable buildbot configuration ;)
dinx2582

Post by dinx2582 »

cerial wrote: I really was unaware of the fact that there were previous builds of scummvm for wince with sci support.. If I had known that, I maybe had never started with working to get a usable buildbot configuration ;)
Oh, I was referring to builds on other platforms, so I should have clarified. I'm pretty sure you're correct about sci being disabled for previous ppc builds. For months I've been dying to get SQ3 running on my phone, so I'm quite glad that you went to the trouble to do this. Thank you very, very much!
cerial
ScummVM Porter

Post by cerial »

dinx2582 wrote:.. For months I've been dying to get SQ3 running on my phone, ...
Hmm, maybe you could have tried my old FreeSCI WinCE Port. But it only runs the "old" sci games, not the new games with 256 colors. I myself have completed SQ3 with this port years ago :)

See FreeSCI for PocketPC and here for screenshots
dinx2582

Post by dinx2582 »

cerial wrote: Hmm, maybe you could have tried my old FreeSCI WinCE Port. But it only runs the "old" sci games, not the new games with 256 colors. I myself have completed SQ3 with this port years ago :)

See FreeSCI for PocketPC and here for screenshots
As a matter of fact, I've definitely tried that before. It may just be my device's clock speed or something like that, but everything ran quite slowly making it unplayable. I think that's what the deal was anyway. It was either that or it didn't work at all, otherwise I'd have been perfectly happy using that.

Of course, this was at least a year ago. If you think it has improved by any significant margin since that time, let me know and I'd try it again.
cerial
ScummVM Porter

Post by cerial »

dinx2582 wrote:...Of course, this was at least a year ago. If you think it has improved by any significant margin since that time, let me know and I'd try it again.
Ok, I can surely say that I haven't updated FreeSCI for PocketPC the last 4-5 years. My patch has been merged with the official FreeSCI sources and because everything worked so far (at least here - but I only had 1 device to test on).
But you're right. Some games had some speed issues (at least at some places in the game). But I think I'll declare the FreeSCI for PocketPC port officially discontinued, because it now has been merged with ScummVM (CABAL finally...) and it seems SCI runs much better now. The only drawback I think is the keyboard (at least for users without physical keyboards), because I myself cannot type alot on an "ABC" keyboard like ScummVM has now (I enabled the new ScummVM virtual keyboard in a testbuild but that needs some work too, it seems).

Oh and by the way, as promised (I thought the official wince buildbot will be up that weekend - but it seems the patch to the buildbot wasn't committed yet) here is the link to my nightly binaries:

[removed URL because official nightlies are now available]

Have fun!
Cerial

(Edit:removed URL because official nightlies are now available)
Last edited by cerial on Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NLS

Post by NLS »

I have some issues with the latest build in the trunk and also the one published in one of your previous posts:

1) I'd like it to default to exactly the opposite landscape direction (so that it correctly faces my keyboard). Maybe have a "2x opposite" graphics mode?

2) MOST IMPORTANT: My keyboard doesn't work properly:

- Alphabet characters show only when I keep "CTRL" button pressed. Without CTRL it doesn't type at all.

- For the same reason I have no capital letters (even CAPS lock doesn't work).

- Same for numeric keys. Only with CTRL and I cannot print the symbols "under" the numeric keys (like !@#$% etc.)

- Del/Return work ok

- Even space needs CTRL!

- Cursor keys are wrong. Same for direction pad keys (not on keyboard but on front of the device). "Up" takes cursor left, "down" takes it right, "left" goes down and "right" goes up. Exactly the same when I rotate the screen opposite to the keyboard (in other words: the wrong way for my device)... Cursor keys rotate along with the screen, but still do the same as above.

My device is a stock HTC Touch Pro.

Ah, another issue (long standing)... when I want to move to the left in SCI games (left edge), I cannot move the character left enough to move to the next screen. I don't have this problem to the right. It's not a problem with my screen because I still cannot go to the left if I rotate the screen!