New SVN-Build (w/all engines) [Update: Nightlies available]

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

theratt

Post by theratt »

NLS wrote:I'd like it to default to exactly the opposite landscape direction (so that it correctly faces my keyboard). Maybe have a "2x opposite" graphics mode?
I too have this isue on my Touch Pro (not so much stock though).

never tried the keyboard since it went the wrong way.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

theratt wrote: I too have this isue on my Touch Pro (not so much stock though). Never tried the keyboard since it went the wrong way.
Try a build post-dating these bug reports and subsequent fixes:

NLS

Post by NLS »

theratt wrote:
NLS wrote:I'd like it to default to exactly the opposite landscape direction (so that it correctly faces my keyboard). Maybe have a "2x opposite" graphics mode?
I too have this isue on my Touch Pro (not so much stock though).

never tried the keyboard since it went the wrong way.
well clicking the monkey twice will rotate you to the correct orientation
cerial
ScummVM Porter

Post by cerial »

NLS wrote:I have some issues with the latest build in the trunk and also the one published in one of your previous posts:

1) I'd like it to default to exactly the opposite landscape direction (so that it correctly faces my keyboard). Maybe have a "2x opposite" graphics mode?
That would be something very nice, because I myself have a Touch Pro :)
I will look into it.
NLS wrote:2) MOST IMPORTANT: My keyboard doesn't work properly:

- Alphabet characters show only when I keep "CTRL" button pressed. Without CTRL it doesn't type at all.

- For the same reason I have no capital letters (even CAPS lock doesn't work).

- Same for numeric keys. Only with CTRL and I cannot print the symbols "under" the numeric keys (like !@#$% etc.)

- Del/Return work ok

- Even space needs CTRL!

- Cursor keys are wrong. Same for direction pad keys (not on keyboard but on front of the device). "Up" takes cursor left, "down" takes it right, "left" goes down and "right" goes up. Exactly the same when I rotate the screen opposite to the keyboard (in other words: the wrong way for my device)... Cursor keys rotate along with the screen, but still do the same as above.
It would be important to know if you also have these problems with an official build of ScummVM. If not
that would mean that Kostas and me are still using different versions of SDL...
NLS wrote:Ah, another issue (long standing)... when I want to move to the left in SCI games (left edge), I cannot move the character left enough to move to the next screen. I don't have this problem to the right. It's not a problem with my screen because I still cannot go to the left if I rotate the screen!
Also seems to be a SDL problem. I will look into that too, when I have some free time.
pncFreak wrote:Try a build post-dating these bug reports and subsequent fixes:

Hmm, just checked these 2 bugs and it seems that Kostas is really using a different version of SDL than me...
I will ask him for his current patches for SDL.

And finally another great thing:

Maybe some of you have already seen it:

http://buildbot.scummvm.org/buildbot/wa ... ory=branch

(hint: look for trunk-wince ;) )

Yep, the patches to buildbot have been applied an now there are official nightlies for Windows CE. Hooray :)

You can get the binaries here:

http://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/trunk/

(or for the latest nightly: http://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/t ... st.tar.bz2)

That means:
I will close down my own buildbot and stop uploading my own snapshots to the forementioned URL (as there's obviously
no need for these anymore)

Please note that because Kostas and me are using different versions of SDL (as it seems) and the official buildbot
is using the latest SDL libs from Kostas I had access to, you will still have the issues mentioned in the bugs 2825418 and 2829001..
I'm sorry about that, but I will ask him about that.

Best regards!
Cerial
NLS

Post by NLS »

Please ask him and let us know.

Seems Kostas doesn't have time for SCUMMVM any more (and for PocketStella btw), as you once did not have time for your own projects. :shock: :wink:
NLS

Post by NLS »

:(

ok latest build (at the time of this post) fails to start on my device!

seems to load, black screen and before I would see the front-end interface, back to today screen

HEEELP
BoyC

Post by BoyC »

Hi, I tried to compile a tinsel only version to see if that would be enough to run dw2 (based on the wiki compile guide), but seems like the final exe links against two dlls which the nightlies do not (namely libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll), and thus does not run on my device.
Also if i put these dlls on the device I get a "not a pocketpc application" error.
I'm quite new to wince development so this might be an obvious error on my end, any thoughts?
cerial
ScummVM Porter

Post by cerial »

NLS wrote:I have some issues with the latest build in the trunk and also the one published in one of your previous posts:

1) I'd like it to default to exactly the opposite landscape direction (so that it correctly faces my keyboard). Maybe have a "2x opposite" graphics mode?
I'm thinking about changing the default direction for the next version as most (all?) devices with a real keyboard have the keyboard slide out to the left. For now, you can fix this with the insertion of "landscape=2" in the [scummvm] block in scummvm.ini
NLS wrote:2) MOST IMPORTANT: My keyboard doesn't work properly:

- Alphabet characters show only when I keep "CTRL" button pressed. Without CTRL it doesn't type at all.

- For the same reason I have no capital letters (even CAPS lock doesn't work).

- Same for numeric keys. Only with CTRL and I cannot print the symbols "under" the numeric keys (like !@#$% etc.)

- Del/Return work ok

- Even space needs CTRL!

- Cursor keys are wrong. Same for direction pad keys (not on keyboard but on front of the device). "Up" takes cursor left, "down" takes it right, "left" goes down and "right" goes up. Exactly the same when I rotate the screen opposite to the keyboard (in other words: the wrong way for my device)... Cursor keys rotate along with the screen, but still do the same as above.

My device is a stock HTC Touch Pro.

Ah, another issue (long standing)... when I want to move to the left in SCI games (left edge), I cannot move the character left enough to move to the next screen. I don't have this problem to the right. It's not a problem with my screen because I still cannot go to the left if I rotate the screen!
The keyboard problems you mentioned should be fixed in the latest 1.3.1 version, it was a bug in SDL (a library ScummVM used). Could you please check if this works for you now, and if not please report back in the 1.3.1 related thread (http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=10566).

The other problem you mentioned (not being able to switch screens at the edge) - and a potention fix for this - is currently discussed in the developer mailing list as it maybe affects other ports also (such as iPhone, Android, NDS, ...)

Thanks! :)
pilaxoft

Post by pilaxoft »

Great job, nice job, thanks.

I´ve been out for a couple of months and I like this new working group.

I´m not a programmer, but pherhaps I can help testing some games as I have several devices with all wince operational systems since wince 2.0 to wince 6.5.

Go on, thanks.