ScummVM on Xperia (800x480)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MapleDouglas

ScummVM on Xperia (800x480)

Post by MapleDouglas »

Hey there!

I'm running ScummVM on Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, with a resolution of 800x480 pixels. I use Fullscreen Mode and Graphics mode 2x to fill the screen, which makes it 640x480 and hence leaving a black space for the additional 160 pixels. Which is alright, but it confuses the cursor so it isn't where you point, but 160 pixels to the left of it. Is there anyway to compensate for this? Calibrate the cursor? Thanks!
jjrp

Same problem here

Post by jjrp »

Just so you don't feel alone and to alert the developers, I have the same problem...

Anybody knows about a solution?

By the way, can MI3 be played on xperia, havn't tried it?
mattyarmy

Post by mattyarmy »

Hi!

I've got the same Xperia problem. You can't use the optical track pad thing either. It would be good if the screen was flipped upside down so that the slide out keyboard could be used as well!

I can't find a way to calibrate the pointer which is a shame as these games would play great using the stylus!

Hope someone can help us all.

Matt
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

I propose that one of you should write a bug tracker entry.
sysfailure

Post by sysfailure »

Got an answer for you on that one. I set the screen to 2x so it fills the 640x480. I played DOTT and there is an icon of a monkey. As the pointer is misaligned, tap the screen far enough to the right so the misaligned pointer presses the monkey. This will flip the screen to the keyboard side. The pointer is now perfectly aligned and you can easily use the keyboard with it too!
mattyarmy

Post by mattyarmy »

Thanks sysfailure!

That worked a treat this alone makes the phone worth having!!!
MapleDouglas

Post by MapleDouglas »

I also stumbled upon the workaround sysfailure mentioned, but it still involves a certain amount of hassle and it would be nice if it worked properly from the beginning :) I will try to submit this to the bug tracker, if someone hasn't done that already?
MapleDouglas

Post by MapleDouglas »

Hey again, just wanted to share this with you:

WVGA Fix2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachm ... 1225069954

It solves the problem.
sysfailure

Post by sysfailure »

Here's a better fix to the one I found before. Edit scummvm.ini and add the line

landscape=2

under [scummvm] and now everything will load up in landscape with the keyboard beneath it. No need to fight with the menus every time you use it either as the pointer is aligned perfectly in this orientation.

No need to mess with WVGA Fix2 either when you've done this. Although I am keeping that on my device for the few programs that do throw a fit on the xperia. Not that I've actually found any others that do yet.
mattyarmy

Post by mattyarmy »

Ok another question - when I hide the ScummVM toolbar is it possible to expand the display so that it fills the space freed up at the bottom? It could then fill some of the blank wider screen space that is unused?

I've tried to zoom functions but nothing happens presumably because the program doesn't recognise that it's a widescreen device and that this extra space is there.
MapleDouglas

Post by MapleDouglas »

Ah, yes... I would very much like for ScummVM do use that extra space too.
jackthekayman

Post by jackthekayman »

is there a way to start scummvm with the screen yet rotated without must click on the monkey icon everytime?
Last edited by jackthekayman on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

Read the "README-WinCE.txt". There is a passage about tweaking the configuration and there should be something mentioned about the landscape mode.
jackthekayman

Post by jackthekayman »

Lostech wrote:Read the "README-WinCE.txt". There is a passage about tweaking the configuration and there should be something mentioned about the landscape mode.
yes I see, thx :D
stracenska

Post by stracenska »

Hi, I have an Xperia on order. So is the optical track pad usable with Scummvm or no? It seems like that would be the optimal way to control the cursor, since the D-pad is clunky and stylus blocks the screen. :) Thanks!