Some bugs in woodruff

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kortes

Some bugs in woodruff

Post by Kortes »

Was great to play it , but I have some bugs , so question - is it only on ppc?
1. When background animation starts woodruff really slows down, I don't know if the reason is the lack of memory or slow CPU.Or maybe it's SCUMMVM bug.
2.Pathfinding isn't good )))) Sure it's nice when you wanna go to another end of the map and Woodruff do it in one step ))) But when you talk to someone and there are 2 woddruffs ))))
3.Don't know wheather it's bug or not but when I put paintbrush into the tar i received not tarred paintbrush but accessory box (((
And in the end ))) IT's brilliant, thanks for your work guys.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Some bugs in woodruff

Post by DrMcCoy »

Kortes wrote:1. When background animation starts woodruff really slows down, I don't know if the reason is the lack of memory or slow CPU.Or maybe it's SCUMMVM bug.
That sounds like a slow CPU problem.
Kortes wrote:2.Pathfinding isn't good
In general, pathfinding in the gob engine isn't that great. There are also a few bugs of my fault left. For example, there's still a problem with stairs, the actors tend to move up and down when they're supposed to stand there.
Kortes wrote: )))) Sure it's nice when you wanna go to another end of the map and Woodruff do it in one step ))) But when you talk to someone and there are 2 woddruffs ))))
Okay, these two are bad, and don't happen on x86(_64). Could be an endianness problem. Please, submit a proper report to our bug tracker.
Kortes wrote:3.Don't know wheather it's bug or not but when I put paintbrush into the tar i received not tarred paintbrush but accessory box
That's supposed to happen. The tarred paintbrush is in the accessory box. In the same vain, money will turn up bundled in a box; paper, syllables and formulars as well.
Kortes

Post by Kortes »

That sounds like a slow CPU problem.
Maybe... But after the end of the animation woodruff is still slow until the next map.
Please, submit a proper report to our bug tracker
Sure )))
That's supposed to happen. The tarred paintbrush is in the accessory box. In the same vain, money will turn up bundled in a box; paper, syllables and formulars as well.
Oh,ok , I forgot ))) too many years have passed )))
P.S. Thanks for reply.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Kortes wrote:Maybe... But after the end of the animation woodruff is still slow until the next map.
Yes, because the animation is still there, on its last frame (for example, you can still see the hand of the guy that points out of Woodruff's house until the next animation starts).
Don't ask me why, ask Coktel Vision. ;)
Kortes

Post by Kortes »

Hm, that's bad ))) I'll try to overclock my cpu and we'll see...