ScummVM for PNAs/PNDs

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Do you believe ScummVM should support PNAs?

Yes
53%
No
6%
I could not care less
41%

Total votes: 17

foeni

ScummVM doesn't start

Post by foeni »

Hi,

I installed scummVM on my Tevion MyGuide PNA and tried to run it.
But it doesn't work.

At first there was the GAPI problem, now i copied the gapi files to the scummvm folder. The error file is as follows:

SDL: Version $Rev: 41 $ bootstrapping GAPI device
SDL: Device is portrait, OS version 4.20 build 1088
SDL: orientation 0
SDL: GAPI_RealizePalette NOT IMPLEMENTED
SDL: Starting video access detection --->
SDL: System 320x240
SDL: Checking for GAPI
SDL: GAPI OK, 0x0, H=0 V=0, 0bpp, landscape false
SDL: Trying Ozone
SDL: Running on Ozone
SDL: Ozone unknown screen format
SDL: Ozone 0x0
SDL: Ozone no good, switching back to GAPI
SDL: <----- Detection finished. Running on GAPI driver at 0x0 (real 320, 240), using ARM accelerated blitter
SDL: Falling back to compatibility blitter

Can anybody tell me what's wrong?

I found a french site (unfortunately i don't understand french :) ) where scummvm is installed on the same PNA, so i think it have to work.
http://www.memoclic.com/forum/technique ... e3000.html
clem

Re: ScummVM doesn't start

Post by clem »

foeni wrote:I found a french site (unfortunately i don't understand french :) ) where scummvm is installed on the same PNA, so i think it have to work.
from what I gather from the french site he just created a directory, decompressed ScummVM into it, copied over the datafiles, added entries to a text file to make it show up in the menu and ran it and it worked for him

seems he didn't have a problem with GAPI at all

I know that this doesn't solve your problem, just saying that understanding what is printed there probably won't help you
foeni

Post by foeni »

First thx for translating.

I downloaded the version 0.9.1 and now it works fine.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

From these reports (babybambula & foeni) I gather there's something fundamentally wrong with detection on these devices. The system is reporting all sorts of wrong values. Furthermore, it's quite reassuring and irritating that 0.9.1 is working but 0.10.0 is not.

If any one of you submits a proper bug report, I'm willing to produce a couple of test builds of you to try. Bear in mind that this testing period will probably not happen too soon, since my schedule is full these days. It would be nice to have this bug documented and fixed.
foeni

Post by foeni »

What should the report look like? Which informations do you need?
Maybe you send me kind of checklist what would be important for you to know and i will tell you as far as i can do.

And regarding the time: it doesn't matter, the 0.9.1 works fine for me.
But of course it would be nice if such a bug gets fixed.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

what you report above is enough. you'll be notified when I have something on this by the system.
ranXeron

scummvm

Post by ranXeron »

I´m sucessfully running scummvm on my Becker Traffic Assist Highspeed (Type 7934), GAPI for HPC also installed...

Following Games are working:
Secret of monkey island
Beneath a steel sky
Flight of the amazon queen

No luck yet with lure of temptress. Game is not recognized...

Small youtube video of my device running "Secret of monkey island" can be found here.

Tutorial in german can be found here.
salitos_drinker

Post by salitos_drinker »

Hi All,

I can report the same for my PNA (Myguide 3100, Windows Mobile CE 5.0 Core):
SCUMMVM 0.9.1 works fine right out of the box, but the newer versions crash at start.

Regards, the alcoholic
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

File a bug report including the contents of the stdout/err files (enabling diagnostic output in the readme).
salitos_drinker

Here is the error of 0.11.0:

scummvm_stdout.txt:
Creating configuration file: scummvm.ini
Using configuration file: scummvm.ini

scummvm_stderr.txt:
SDL: Version $Rev: 41 $ bootstrapping GAPI device
SDL: Device is portrait, OS version 5.0 build 0
SDL: orientation 0
SDL: GAPI_RealizePalette NOT IMPLEMENTED
SDL: Starting video access detection --->
SDL: System 320x240
SDL: Checking for GAPI
SDL: Trying Ozone
SDL: Running on Ozone
SDL: Ozone unknown screen format

Version 0.9.1 works fine.
salitos_drinker

Update:
After installing und configuring "GAPI for HPC" SCUMMVM 0.11 works! The Problem is, that on my PNA (Myguide 3100) the gx.dll is removed from the windows directory after a soft reset. So I have to manually copy it to the windows dir to make SCUMMVM 0.11 work.

Next Problem: To start a game like sam n max, scummvm asks you to map a key for the second mouse button. But because my PNA doesn't have any button, I cant start those games, not mention to even play it. Will that problem be solved, with a "right mouse button"- button on the touchscreen for example?

Regards
TeknoJuce

General PNA ScummVM Guide

Post by TeknoJuce »

I wrote this guide a while back, hope it help's some people, I tried to post it here a long while back also but it says its spam maybe from all the external urls in it to the required files pictures etc... also tried to get a mod to post it but no luck oh well hopefully people will find it here if need be, enjoy please post in that thread if it works on your device model! so others will know! I took the time to write it and take pictures you can take the time to say yes or no it works or not!

It's writen for the n00best of n00bs :D
as there's no point in explaining something if your not going to use detail, and just expect people to know how it works, or where to find requried files.

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topi ... _ID=103799

P.S. it also covers a little glitch I accedently found, you can use if you have NO BUTTON'S on ur PNA like mine, to have as many mapped buttons as you wish :idea: