Sync problems with the DIG & Monkey island 3

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hubssc

Sync problems with the DIG & Monkey island 3

Post by hubssc »

Hi,

i have problems with Monkey 3 and the dig (only i tested)
the problem is the sound is not sync to the lips. how can i fix that ?
i compressed and tested the files in ogg and mp3 but nothing helps.

my pocket pc is dell axim x30

cya
hubssc

Post by hubssc »

update

mp3 is more async then ogg and uncompressed (original files) works sync but with problems like stutering.
Cirion81

Post by Cirion81 »

Hello,

depending on which edition of the X30 you own (the standard on has "only" 312 MHz), I would assume from your description that there is not enough CPU-power for these games.

BTW: I own a hx4700 with 624MHz and the sound in both games is in synch. So this could either give you an idea how much CPU power is needed, or, if you do own one of the X30 devices with enhanced capabilities (some of them feature also the 624MHz CPU), the problem lies somewhere else (e.g. sound driver).
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

the speed of the storage medium makes also a big difference.

I tested Monkey 3 on a slow MicroDrive and on a fast Sandisk Ultra II CF Card. With the sandisk card there are no problems, the Microdrive causes stuttering and async audio in the Cutscenes.

I'm using an Axim X50v with ogg compressed audio for COMI.

best regards

Frank
Cirion81

Post by Cirion81 »

just for your information: I use a 1G SD-Card (Sandisk Ultra II) with enhanced reading and writing performance.

Another possibility could be, that your device according to the information I found on Dell's homepage has only a QVGA resolution. Don't know if additional overhead of resizing for COMI could be draining too much CPU power. But The Dig at least should work ...

Maybe those guys at http://www.aximsite.com/ do have a clue (its a site dedicated to Dell PDAs).

- Christian

PS: also the speed of the storage reading device could be an issue - darn complex integrated devices ....