ScummVM and time on top bar

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

alander

ScummVM and time on top bar

Post by alander »

Is it me, I've got the SVN build (feb 27 2007) and when I run it on my Axim X50v 2003SE version the time disappears from the top bar.

I have to edit the registry and delete the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt key and reset the device to get it back..

Is there anyway that if it has to be removed that it is put back when you exit ScummVM?
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

This should not happen normally (only when scummvm crashes the taskbar should disappear), but is anyway a known issue and we hope to erradicate it in future versions.
alander

Post by alander »

I get the clock to disappear even if I enter ScummVM and then just quit via the on screen button..
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

arisme provides a tool on his web page (http://arisme.free.fr/PocketScumm/index.php) which makes the clock visible again. It removes the Registry Key you mentioned.
Also the AximSite Registry Tweaker (http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=96798) is able to make the clock visible again (nice tool btw).

I can confirm that the clock disappears even if PocketScumm exits normally (at least on the Axim X50v PPC2003SE).

kind regards

Frank
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Hm, OK, I haven't noticed that. One of you please file a bug report.
alander

Post by alander »

Logged as bug report!

Thanks
MagooChris

Post by MagooChris »

this happened on my hx4700 with WM5, using the latest build... the other problem is that the volume and network connection icons get moved under an invisible bar next to the exit/ok button...

EDIT: :cry: the patch didn't fix the WM5 problem

EDIT: manually deleting the reg key does not fix the problem on WM5 (if anyone knows a way to get a screen shot how I can take a screen shot on a PDA let me know and then I can show you)

EDIT: Finnaly got it back... just deleting the registry value wasn't good enough as it would recreate it the same way (set to 0) to get it back I needed to set it to 1
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hallo,

@MagooChris: As I wrote in another Thread regarding WM5 and the disappearing clock issue: WM5 seems to use some kind of caching of registry values. Therefore deleting the keys and perform a reboot as soon as possible will not solve the problem. You have to sync the cache with the flash. This will happen after several minutes automatically or by switching off the device. After switching off/on the device you may reboot it and the items will appear again.

kind regards

Frank