9.1 - Broken Sword 1 - No Video

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MagooChris

9.1 - Broken Sword 1 - No Video

Post by MagooChris »

I don't seem to have the intro movie playing, the sound works, but video doesn't display. mp2 & mp3 versions

any ideas?
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

The intro movie is supposed to be black at the start and only George's voice can be heard. MPEG-2 decoding is hard on the host cpu so the video may be heavily out of sync during playback. An easy test to do to see how fast you device can decode and blit to the VGA screen is to swap the intro video for another one (e.g. rename ferrari.mp2 to intro.mp2) and run the game.
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hallo,

there was a problem in older versions of ScummVM, regarding the detection of the correct path for BS2. The cluster path was used as game path, which caused the videos not to be played.
If you are using an old scummvm.ini, check the path for the game.
The vidoes are working with 0.9.1, I have seen them today ;)

kind regards

Frank
MagooChris

Post by MagooChris »

the whole video was just not displayed. I have played the game through on my computer but my brother wants to play it using his PDA (which he didn't bring home last night, so I tested it on mine) I'll see what happens when he brings his home (I was also trying to compact it onto one 256 card, he has a Gig, so it will all fit.)

and this was using a fresh install of V9.1 and using a VGA screen pda...
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Just FYI; there's a (commercial) PocketPC optimised version of Broken Sword available here, which will easily fit on a 256MB card as well.
MagooChris

Post by MagooChris »

joostp wrote:Just FYI; there's a (commercial) PocketPC optimised version of Broken Sword available here, which will easily fit on a 256MB card as well.
Yeah, I know that, but I've already paid for the PC game, and the second one isn't available for PPC without SCUMM :P

Seems like my Video files were currupt.. I deleted them and tried again and this time I got them, but they are choppy as all... any ideas?