ScummVM on Smartphone (QTek 8310)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

loris, what device do you have, what os, what's the screen resolution? also try removing scummvm.ini and running it again.
loris

Post by loris »

Sorry... I forgot to include my specs. I have a Qtek 8310 with WM5 and 240x320 resolution. I have tried to delete the .ini-file but without success. I can see the main screen of the application and I see the flashing cursor. But I cannot move the cursor...
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

strange. raynak reports success and he's got exactly the same gear as you do. have you tried pressing every key? I'm clueless :?
raynak

Post by raynak »

loris, just in case you didn't know - the standard key mapping is moving the cursor using the 2,4,6,8 keys and not the joystick. You can remap the keys by pressing "enter" or "select" (i.e. clicking with the joystick).

If that doesn't help, then I don't know.
loris

Post by loris »

Strange! Suddenly it works great! Thanx for a great job! Do you know if there is any possibility to turn the screen upside down? I would like to have the buttons and the joystick to the right of my screen.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

That's another patch 8)
Pa9an

Post by Pa9an »

Perfect!
After re-mapping the keys to something more useful (joystick) and getting used to the "emulating a mouse with a joystick" feeling, I was playing Monkey Island on my Qtek 8310 (WM5) this morning in the bus to work. Wow, this was fun! :D

Thanks again sooooooo much, knakos!

One small thing, though:
It seems I don't need this for playing, but when double clicking at the top of the screen to get the PocketSCUMM menu, the cursor seems to disappear and I haven't found a way to exit this menu anymore (other than exiting ScummVM with the TaskManager).
Just wonder, if this would happen by accident in the midst of playing, I could be quite frustrated...any clue? :?
stones

Post by stones »

Knakos, this patch is based on Scumm 0.8.0 or 0.7.1?
For me it looks like 0.7.1 but baybe im wrong.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

pa9an: Probably I'll look into the double click issue, soon.

stones: It's a patch 0.8.0 release version of the source code. I'll upload it as soon as I get around to it.
Arisme
ScummVM Porter

Post by Arisme »

OK, this issue is solved, the patch will be included in 0.8.1. Thanks knakos :wink:
maru

Post by maru »

knakos .. sankyuu ^^ it works .. it really works XD (can't belive)

can anybody tell me how to change the keymapping? like pa9an did! (to the up-down-l-r joystick on the 8310) is there somewhere a list? and there is a black border on the bottom of the screen T-T! is that right? is there a way to strech the screen to fullsize? it looks like 320x220?! And can I map the number keys with the game functions (put, speak, open ... and so on)? On Pc the keys are given on keyboard!

yeah that's all ... a reflected screen (180°) (maybe a manualchange option with 90° screenturns) would be fine, too. but I am happy that it still works! ^^ :lol:
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

By default, the map key dialog on smartphones should popup when you press enter (dpad start).

Depending on the game you run, you'll see different utilization of the screen area. n0p has coded a screen resize filter which stretches 320x200 to 320x240 but, unfortunately, will not be included in release 0.8.1. We'll see about screen rotation. Mapping shortcuts for individual games will be difficult, and it's lower priority than these issues (i think).

And it's nice to see bender again in the forums :)

K.
maru

Post by maru »

thank u for the good news ^^ and the popup info (it's too easy isn't it O_o") ... but where can I find n0ps filter?
w0mbat

Post by w0mbat »

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for your hard work on this port it is great :)

I have a SPV c550 mentioned by other posters and generally it works really well. The only issues I have are:-
1. Key Map dialog - doesnt come up when enter or dpad start are pressed :( I did see it the first time I ran Sam & Max but messed up the config and exited! Is there any way of getting it to forget that it has seen Sam & Max running before so I see it again? Can I map the kep map screen to a key using the ini file?

2. I can get the pocket scumm window up by double clicking at the top of the scree, but the cursor disappears and the game input hangs from then on. Not a great issue if I can get the keys mapped again.

Once again, thanks for your work :)
w0mbat

Post by w0mbat »

Ah, could be something to do with the fact that the 0.8 releases mentioned in this thread dont work on my SPV c550. They just start in portrait mode and I am unable to move the cursor with either number keys or joystick :(

The best version which is in landscape and did let me map the keys once was the Scummvm_PPC2002_2006_1_23 one. Thats the one it woudl be great to remap the keys for as its the only part that doesnt seem to work. Are there registry entries I can remove to get Sam and Max to think its the first run again?

Cheers...