Can't find the games

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Skrubber

Can't find the games

Post by Skrubber »

Hi, i just downloaded ScummVM and got it running on my new HTC TyTN with Windows Mobile 5.0. The only problem i have is that when i press "Add Game..." i can't find any games. I have downloaded two game demos from this homepage, one is a DOS-file and the other one is an exe.-file. Neither of them i can find.

I would be really grateful for help!
sasa89

Post by sasa89 »

you don't see the gamefiles.
just go to the (installed/extracted) game-folder and click on 'Choose' or 'Select' or whatever...
i hope i could help you

sasa89 :)
Skrubber

Post by Skrubber »

Hey, i am not that dumb, of course i have looked in the folder where i lay them. :P

Now when i downloaded ScummVM to Mac i can't find any gamefiels either. Can someone link me a file that you know should be working?
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Skrubber wrote:Hey, i am not that dumb <snip>
First, being rude to the people answering in these forums is not the way to ask for support (and this holds not only for you). Noone here suggested anything of the sort.

Second, you stated you downloaded "two game demos" from scummvm.org (and what exactly is a "DOS" file? what differentiates it from a "solaris" file?). As you can see from the compatibility list scummvm supports quite a few games, several of them being available as freeware downloads. Also on the site is a help page which describes what data files are needed by scummvm to run each game.

You may have stumbled upon a legitimate bug as we cannot test all configurations for each supported game. By not stating what game you are trying to run, leads to generic replies as the one above. Please be more specific.

Kostas
Skrubber

Post by Skrubber »

Thanks for the help. I'll try and see if it works tomorrow.

...But really, i wasn't trying to be rude. As you can see i ended up with a : P-smile. I'm very sorry. :(
sasa89

Post by sasa89 »

yeah, i think he didn't want to be rude... :wink:

i just saw some people with this problem too...so i thought maybe you just don't know how to use scummvm...
:D
SirDave

Post by SirDave »

I'll add to Knakos comment:

People need to put some thought into their questions if they want the best chance of getting help. There is more to having PocketScumm find the games than just clicking on Add Game and there's a manual at the top of this forum which gives you that information (see heading Starting PocketScumm).

Now if you follow that information and it doesn't work then you need to describe what you did and what games you were trying to Add and where you installed them ie. on a memory card and in what directory.