Fullscreen on a VGA-screen?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kizo

Fullscreen on a VGA-screen?

Post by Kizo »

Hi.
My PDA is with a VGA-screen of 640*480 pixels. Have I understood things right, that the fullscreen-function simply doesn't work for me then? Not in "paper"-thingy-view nor landscape-view?

Thanks in advance.
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hallo,

no, you understood this definitely wrong. Full Screen is working nice on my Dell Axim X50v. For the 320x200 Games you can use the 2x and even the AdvMame2x scaler. VGA Games are shown in native resolution. Both of cause in landscape mode.

kind regards

Frank
QuetoPaq

Landscape on iPaq 4700 Series

Post by QuetoPaq »

I seem to have the same problem as Kizo. With the 0.8.x release of Scumm, I was able to switch between portrait and lanscape mode, however, 0.9.0a only uses a very small window on the top right of the display, with no possibility to switch to landscape.

Is this a known issue?
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

at least for me it works, when I switch to the "2x" or "AdvMame2x" scaler. The Screen is automatically shown in Landscape in this case.

kind regards

Frank
syba94

Post by syba94 »

thank you
it goes
Chaostar

Post by Chaostar »

Hi! I've JUST moved (back again) from Palm to Pocket PC. I'm trying to understand how to change the portrait/landscape modes while in the game, and how to make the keyboard appear on the screen while in the game also. Oh and one more thing: In Palm I think I was using the 0.8 version. Now I've installed 0.9.0 in Pocket PC (Dell x51v) and I've tried to access my save games but I can't. Have I lost them or is there any way to "update" them and recover them? THANKS!
QuetoPaq

Post by QuetoPaq »

Thanks for your input, Frank.

This works, except for the fact that the keyboard pops up when I touch the screen in the left bottom corner. Has anyone also observed this issue. I did not have this problem in version 0.8.2.
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

@QuetoPaq. Which Keyboard are you talking about? The ScummVM Keyboard or the WinCE Keyboard?

In case you are talking about the WinCE Keyboard: Start ScummVM on the "Today Screen" (e.g. from the Start menu), this solves the issue.

kind regards

Frank
QuetoPaq

Post by QuetoPaq »

Thanks again for your reply, Frank. I was talking about the WinCE Keyboard. Your answer solved my problem. I was starting the game from the File Explorer, rather than from the Start Menu.

Works perfectly now.