WM5 Landscape Mode

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cryptoknight

WM5 Landscape Mode

Post by cryptoknight »

The new in-game landscape feature work like a charm when my OS is in portrait mode. But I still can't run SCUMM properly when I slide open the keyboard on my Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard), which puts the system into landscape mode (cursor alignment gets out of wack).

Is there a workaround that I missed or is knackos going to get this feature implemented in the foreseeable future? Thanks.

-CK
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

This behavior has already been reported (bug #1423277) and will be dealt with at the next SDL lib rework.
cryptoknight

Post by cryptoknight »

Thanks for the info, knakos. And for the new release. Everything else works just plain beautifully. I was surprised that my 195mhz TI processor could handle the games so well.
TheSpillmonkey

Post by TheSpillmonkey »

I always love it when i find a thread with the same problem and a nice clear answer :) ty
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Just to put this in perspective, the bug is this:

For flip-screen devices, when one starts scummvm and flips the screen to landscape, moving the stylus left-right causes up-down motion and vice versa. I believe I've fixed this in the "under production" version (I cannot test it with a real device), expect to see an svn build featuring this and more very soon.
TheSpillmonkey

Post by TheSpillmonkey »

It also occurs if ScummVM is started while the screen is flipped (by pulling out the keypad)

The actual games work fine in landscape, its just the menu.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Hmmm, this may be tricky. I've added your comments to the bug report, please also 'Monitor' the bug report and provide as many comments as you'd like there.

Thanks,
K.
robinwatts
ScummVM Developer

Post by robinwatts »

I have the same problem here on my MDA Vario II.

If I start PocketSCUMMVM with the device in portrait mode and leave it there, it works absolutely fine. While in this mode I can use the in game rotation options to rotate them to 'landscape' and then 'inverse landscape' positions.

Inverse Landscape is the one that leaves the device in the natural position for pulling the keyboard out.

If I *do* pull the keyboard out, then the pointer stuff gets 'rotated' in the way you described.

If I start PocketSCUMMVM with the keyboard out, it correctly decides that it should be in landscape mode rather than portrait and displays the menus in this format - but it chooses "landscape" rather than "inverse landscape"!

Mouse clicks are again detected 'rotated'.

Is my device unusual in needing 'inverse landscape' rather than 'landscape' ?

If there are tests I can run then please don't hesitate to say.

Thanks,

Robin
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Can you please test this with the latest svn build?
Yoc

Post by Yoc »

I have issues too with a PNA hacked to run Win CE applications. The screen is 480x272 and I can't get a way to get the whole menu on the screen (320x240 should fit).
The device is by default in landscape mode. If I launch scummvm in this configuration, scummvm menu rotate itself in portrait mode but I can't see the right side of the menu.

If I first rotate the screen in portrait mode with a a tool called RotateScreen.exe, scummvm start in this portrait mode and the menus are centered on the screen, but some parts on both side of the menu are still missing.

And in any case, clicks are crazy. In the first case, I can only click on option button, and in the second case I can't click anything. The buttons highlights but nothing more happens.

Beside that, I can't find the svn version you are talking about. Is there a snapshot of it ? (I don't have a PC to compile it myself).
robinwatts
ScummVM Developer

Post by robinwatts »

Yoc wrote:Beside that, I can't find the svn version you are talking about. Is there a snapshot of it ? (I don't have a PC to compile it myself).
The main version to try is pointed to at the top of this thread:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=3791

An alternative version to try is referenced in this thread:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=3875

The first one might solve the problem. The second one might be worth trying (for some extra speed), but only if the first one works.

HTH,

Robin