Disable cursor change on screen tap (SQ1VGA, SQ4, SQ5)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Ravicai

Disable cursor change on screen tap (SQ1VGA, SQ4, SQ5)

Post by Ravicai »

Is there anyway to keep the cursor from changing when you click on the screen? Often times I'll click to walk somewhere and the cursor will magically change to 'look'. This is really annoying, especially if you are being chased by a spider droid :P

I setup a hard key to cycle the cursor actions. This works a lot better than using this erratic auto-change-tap function that comes on by itself.

Also, anyway to disable the screen from hiding/showing the keyboard when you double tap the corner of the screen? I also set a hardware key for this. So no need for double tap.

cerial
ScummVM Porter

Re: Disable cursor change on screen tap (SQ1VGA, SQ4, SQ5)

Post by cerial »

Ravicai wrote:Is there anyway to keep the cursor from changing when you click on the screen? Often times I'll click to walk somewhere and the cursor will magically change to 'look'. This is really annoying, especially if you are being chased by a spider droid :P

I setup a hard key to cycle the cursor actions. This works a lot better than using this erratic auto-change-tap function that comes on by itself.
In fact this is a feature ;) When you double-tap the screen (and the cursor didn't move in between), it will recognize a right click, which triggers the action cursor in SCI games. So this problem shouldn't happen if you tap the screen some pixels away from the first click.
Ravicai wrote:Also, anyway to disable the screen from hiding/showing the keyboard when you double tap the corner of the screen? I also set a hardware key for this. So no need for double tap.
Yes, especially in SCI games this can be quite annoying when you try to select the menubar for example, I also experienced this myself. Sadly, currently it isn't possible to add port-specific configuration options to the game configuration screen (a problem which exists in ScummVM itself), so the only way to make this optional (and also the double-tap "feature" you experienced above) would be adding options to the configuration file (scummvm.ini), which could be only triggered by manual editing. I have this on my todo list and I think I will implement this for the next version.
Ravicai

Post by Ravicai »

Thanks for the reply! :)

Yeah, I can live with changing the config file - afterall these are DOS games :) I can't wait for the update. Thanks!
cerial
ScummVM Porter

Post by cerial »

These changes were implemented in ScummVM 1.3.1; could you please check if this works for you now, and if it doesn't please report back in the 1.3.1 related thread (http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=10566)?

Ravicai

Post by Ravicai »

Sooooo much easier to navigate now, especially when I'm trying to outrun the Sequel Police in SQ4 :)