ScummVM resets Palm TX

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

RiGun

ScummVM resets Palm TX

Post by RiGun »

I got a Palm TX and installed ScummVM last week after a Hard Reset, I was able to start Monkey Island 2 once in a while but as I didn't figure the way to exit the virtual machine I didn't play much.

Now after a few days of not playing when I try to load the game the Palm resets it self when there is a mesagge saying Loading DataBase. I have noted the Palm resets iself if I start ScummVM and then without loading any game try to go back to the Applications menu through the Home button.

I'm out of ideas of what could cause this, I've installed some software to the Palm and one of those might be the problem, but don't know where to start, maybe someone can help.

Here's a list of some programs installed:

PowerDigi
UDMH
UnCache
WarpSpeed
CardExport
IBM Java
Opera Mini
iMundo
Epocrates
DxSaurus
TCMP
LJP
macmikey

Check your battery level

Post by macmikey »

Hi, RiGun.

If that "Loading Database" msgbox pops up and then your Palm resets, it could be too low on juice to push all those electrons. Have you checked your battery level? Anytime my TX is doing anything remotely intensive, I never start it without a fresh charge, as it would habitually --and automatically-- soft-reset in cases as mild as making an internet connection. (I've since replaced the battery and have had much more success.)

This is just a guess/hunch. Try it while it's attached to a power source and see if that helps.