Sony Clié NR70V - MemoryMgr.c, Line:3552, MemMove to NULL

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ice8lue

Sony Clié NR70V - MemoryMgr.c, Line:3552, MemMove to NULL

Post by ice8lue »

Hey everybody. I own a Sony Clié NR70V and wanted to play my old Monkey Island games on it, so I installed ScummVM. As it was said in an other thread, the current versions don't work on it (as I recognized myself), I installed the 0.7.1 which runs ok. But if I start a game (Indiana Jones 4 for example) the intro is loaded, but sooner or later an error message appears saying "MemoryMgr.c, Line:3552, MemMove to NULL". I tried serveral games (Monkey Island 1 + 2, Indiana Jones 3 + 4, Sam and Max,...) but all of them produce this error. What can I do here?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

0.7.1 is quite an old version, a lot of things have changed since then (hence it's unsupported), but the error indicates that you might not have enough memory on your device. Try unloading some programs from memory
ice8lue

Post by ice8lue »

as I said, all newer versions are made for ARM devices with PalmOS 5. As mine has OS 4.1 I can't use them (they don't run).
I have 10MB RAM and about 50MB space left on my memory stick, this should be more than enough. I tried v0.6.0 now and this one seems to work fine. Let's hope^^