Centro Controls

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

matt63634

Centro Controls

Post by matt63634 »

Does anyone else have this running on a Centro?

It runs fine, but I can't access any in game menus. I've tried with Monkey 1 and Space Quest 1 with no luck. Also, when I try to move the character around on SQ1, it just moves the mouse cursor. I can't get out of the program either without removing the battery. Any suggestions for configuring it?

Thanks.
trekkie22

Post by trekkie22 »

I have a Centro over here and no problems with the in-game menus. On my Centro the in-game menu is accessible by pressing the menu key. Tested with Monkey Island 1&2, Zak McKracken, DOTT.
CountBuggula

Post by CountBuggula »

We have a long standing request for the 5-way button to control the arrow keys instead of the mouse arrow for AGI games, but haven't ever heard a response. I'm not sure if whoever handles the Palm port actually reads these boards because I've never seen any developer feedback.
thatgui

Post by thatgui »

According to his page chrilith is still actively developing it. The last news entry (three days ago) mentions a key mapper - maybe that solves the problem
steve2000

Re: Centro Controls

Post by steve2000 »

For anyone else having problems - I was stuck for a long time trying to simply get past the opening menu. The FAQ says that the "HOME" key is supposed to function as esc, but it didn't work for me.

I finally figured out through trial and error that you have to press the white option button, and then Home, in order to signify the esc key.

ALSO: Does anyone know how to type in numbers? I am trying Monkey Island 2, and I can't type in the answers to the "Lame-O Copy Protection" I know the answers, but none of the number keys seem to work in ScummVM 0.11.1
Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium »

To type in the numbers for the Lame-o copy protection you type numbers just like you would anywhere else on the Palm Centro: push the white option button, then press the number.

As was mentioned earlier, to access the menus in Sierra games you press the white option button then the home button. This is the same as pressing ESC on a PC keyboard.

The Centro 5-way button CAN do the arrow keys. You just have to tell it to in the options:
1. Launch ScummVM.
2. Press the Menu button, go to Options and choose Misc.
3. Check the box that says "Hard keys simulate arrow keys".
4. Tap "OK"

Has anyone figured out a way to do the function keys on the the Centro? In both Gold Rush and Space Quest 2 I have reached a point in the game where I need to accomplish a task then press F6 to exit that screen, but I have found no way to press F6 on the Centro. I've tried every key combination I can think of, but it hasn't helped.

The FAQ in this forum section says you can access the F1-F10 keys by pressing COMMAND and then the corresponding number... but the Centro doesn't have a COMMAND button that I can find.
jerrykid

Post by jerrykid »

Pandemonium wrote:
The Centro 5-way button CAN do the arrow keys. You just have to tell it to in the options:
1. Launch ScummVM.
2. Press the Menu button, go to Options and choose Misc.
3. Check the box that says "Hard keys simulate arrow keys".
4. Tap "OK"
Hi, where do you see this option? My Misc menu only has an option for Theme and autosave. There's no check box at all. I'm running scummvm 0.11.1