ScummVM without sound when using the frontend

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Lord Avallon

ScummVM without sound when using the frontend

Post by Lord Avallon »

Hi guys, I am having a strange problem, when I try to run a game from the frontend, it starts normally, but without any sound, if I skip the frontend and go directly to the ScummVM screen (the one black and green) it starts normally with sound. The games are properly configured, I really don´t know what is causing this, my palm is a Tungsten E, ScummVM version 0.11.1.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

What is the "frontend" in this case? :? Cause you mention you got an extra frontend together with ScummVM's one
clem

Post by clem »

md5 wrote:What is the "frontend" in this case? :? Cause you mention you got an extra frontend together with ScummVM's one
The PalmOS version comes with a native PalmOS UI frontend/launcher (at least it was that way when I tried it ~2yrs ago) - if you don't select a game there, the usual ScummVM interface would pop up.
thatgui

Post by thatgui »

Dumb question:
have you activated sound in the frontend ?
Lord Avallon

Post by Lord Avallon »

That´s exactly how clem said, when I select a game with the usual ScummVM interface, with all configurations set, it works perfectly with sound, when I try to run the game from the frontend, it works but without any sound, I configured the frontend exactly like i did on ScummVM interface but no sound, and answering you thatgui, yes, I enabled sound on the frontend, it´s not a dumb question, sometimes the lack of attention makes us skip some things. It´s really strange, that´s what i´ve done on the config:

Enabled audio
Driver: Adlib
Quality: High (I tried Low and Medium but no sound)
Rate: 8 KHz

The Entry name, Path, Game and Engine are OK because the game works, the problem is with the sound.
selmi

confirmation

Post by selmi »

i can confirm problem. i have Tungsten T5 if it matters. before i had scummvm 0.9.1 and sound worked. now i upgraded to 0.11.1 and sound is gone