New version - OS5

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

TheOverclocker

Post by TheOverclocker »

Chrilith wrote:did you try to swtich to wide mode ? (reported to crash on T3... :( )

Well, It crashed on my T3. :(

Any solution?
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

new version online, hope the DIA bug with the T3 is fixed.

goetz : is the # key is doing something on your PalmOS ?
About the crash on Treo with MP3 this is weird .... is this only with Treos?
Wolverine_DH

Post by Wolverine_DH »

The new version have no sound on my TX, no speech, no music!!!
The DIA can i change, now!!

MFG

Wolverine_DH

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

sorry forgot the frontend, re-uploaded
goetz

Post by goetz »

Chrilith wrote: sorry forgot the frontend, re-uploaded
That would explain why there was no sound any more. Time to try again ... :)

In todays earlier version I discovered the alt/command/ctrl indicators which haven't been there for some time. But they appeared in mirror writing in the top left corner of the screen. Maybe another problem of the old frontend?
Chrilith wrote: goetz : is the # key is doing something on your PalmOS ?
Nothing special. It's the same as entering the # character using graffity. However, for ScummVM entering "#" is the "magic-instant-corrupt-memory-hotkey". :( I guess that it invokes the debug console and ScummVM on my Tungsten C cannot handle it for some reason ... :-/ However shifted keys like + and - for volume setting work well.

- Goetz
goetz

Post by goetz »

Chrilith wrote:sorry forgot the frontend, re-uploaded
Yes, now it works nicely with sound again. Great job! :)

However, the shift key indicators have disappeared again. But I can still quick-save by e.g. "./ ./ 1" and load it again with "./ ./ ./ 1", where "./" is the PalmOS command stroke/key. But I don't really need these indicators. Having a working SD-card access indicator like in the moment is much more important.

- Goetz
jihanj

Post by jihanj »

I was able to run both Monkey 1&2 briefly on my TE2 this morning(direct mode). But after installing some additional software none of them run anymore with this message;

Fatal Alert:
MemoryMgr.c,Line:3823, Non-word-aligned handle

or this message:

Fatal Alert:
MemoryMgr.c,Line:3857, Invalid chunk ptr

I have about 10MB of free storage on RAM and a ton more on my SD card.

I'll probably have to try reinstalling the whole thing once I get home but I wonder what could've caused the problem.
Last edited by jihanj on Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
trekkie22

Post by trekkie22 »

On my treo the new version does not work anymore.

If I try to start a game or to exit scummVM, the device locks up with a white screen.

I tried the old scummvm_frontend.prc and this works - with no sound at all. Looks like there's a little bug in the new frontend...
Reilly

New version with T5

Post by Reilly »

White screen (crash) on my T5 when I´m loading a game.
jihanj

Post by jihanj »

I was able to run both Monkey 1&2 briefly on my TE2 this morning(direct mode). But after installing some additional software none of them run anymore with this message;

Fatal Alert:

or this message:

Fatal Alert:

I'll probably have to try reinstalling the whole thing once I get home but I wonder what could've caused the problem.
I was finally able to get my TE2 run Monkey Island 1 and 2 after many a frustrating hotsync session, but ScummVM is still kind of erratic. Sometimes it would work and other times it won't. First I thought it was related to the amount of free space on my RAM as it seemed to run fine when I moved some files to the external memory, but that wasn't always the case. Turning on the "Use larger stack" option seemed to help but not necessarily always. It does look, though, like it has a better chance of running successfully when there's enough free RAM space (more than 10MB).
Last edited by jihanj on Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
jihanj

Re: New version with T5

Post by jihanj »

Reilly wrote:White screen (crash) on my T5 when I´m loading a game.
I'm also seeing the white screen o' death with the 12-20-2005 version on my TE2. It happens with or without the memory card present and weirdly enough it also crashes when I just try to exit the main ScummVM UI(skin) by tapping on the "home" button.
jihanj

Post by jihanj »

jihanj wrote:

Fatal Alert:

or this message:

Fatal Alert:

I was finally able to get my TE2 run Monkey Island 1 and 2 after many a frustrating hotsync session, but ScummVM is still kind of erratic. Sometimes it would work and other times it won't. First I thought it was related to the amount of free space on my RAM as it seemed to run fine when I moved some files to the external memory, but that wasn't always the case. Turning on the "Use larger stack" option seemed to help but not necessarily always. It does look, though, like it has a better chance of running successfully when there's enough free RAM space (more than 10MB).
Is there a way to load up everything(excluding the game data itself) in the RAM and just do away with the memory card? I noticed that in the latest versions of ScummVM Palm OS port there is an option for using "BUILTIN" as your memory. I'm assuming that's referring to the onboard flash memory. So I figured I'd be able to load scumm.engine, scumm.data, and common.data files on the onboard flash memory instead of an SD card. But I don't know what to name them. scumm.engine seems to turn into ScummVM-Engine.pdb when the game tries to load it up but what about the others? Is it possible to accomplish this at all? I'm trying to do this because I have a growing suspicion that my fatal alert crashes happen during the "copy data" phase and would like to try it without having to copy data back and forth.

Another question is, inside the latest arm.zip there is only scumm.engine file. Where should I get scumm.data and common.data files? I'm currently using the ones from the 2005-3-21 version(test.zip).
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

jihanj : don't know if it works from the "internal" memory, it is suppsoed to work from NVFS drive. Engine file need to be called scumm.engine in any case and imported to storage memory in order to run. *.data file are required only with 68k version of scummvm. Not needed anymore with ARM version.
Wolverine_DH

Post by Wolverine_DH »

Sorry Chrilith,

on my Palm TX run the new version not, i have a white screen if i start the Frontend or i launch the game from the default Scumm engine. I must reset my Palm!
And i have a white screen, if i leave Scumm to the launcher!

Edit: the new Scumm-Engine run with the old ScummVM-Frontend.prc from 25.12.05 the first version where i can change the DIA in the game!

And on my T3 run the new version very good, my friend with the T5 have the same problems as i with my TX!

MFG

Wolverine_DH
clem

Post by clem »

Just downloaded "2005-12-25 - ARM Test version : arm.zip", installed it (I hope correctly)

skinned interface comes up, no games listed, I click on start to bring up the green ScummVM gui, select SCUMM engine,

UX-50 crashes at this point with message:
MemoryMgr.c,Line3675, Invalid chunk ptr

hope that helps, or in the case I did sth extremely wrong, please tell me :-)

clem