Bada port?

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jogi

Post by Jogi »

NovaCoder wrote:I just brought a S8500, might have a go at a quick port to see how hard it is :D
Keep us updated :)
ekstazjon

:) how about bada os , samsung wave port?

Post by ekstazjon »

:) how about bada os , samsung wave port?
Mike08

Post by Mike08 »

It will be great to have ScummVM in BADA!!!! :P
Simmabo

Post by Simmabo »

Hey everyone, I just registered, to encourage you, to do a port. I love old Lucas Arts Games and the imagination of playing this old shit on my Wave S8500 via ScummVM honestly makes me really horny :lol:

Unfortunately, my programming and software skills are below zero, so I can't help somehow.

Nevertheless, I would like to show you some positive aspects of porting for Bada:

- most apps on Bada are shitty. Your app would be one of the best apps in the whole appstore, because every gamer would download it
- as the apps are shitty, so are the games, there are just 3-5 free games which really rock. Using ScummVM, one can import plenty awesome games. No matter what game one imports, one has to download ScummVM so you and your software get more publicity and therefore, via a paypal donate button, more money, if you want so
- the S8500 Hardware rocks and is up to date - you don't have to care about to less ram or mhz ;)
- I don't buy apps. Never. Your app would be the first, I would buy or donate for. (See this as a very big commentation.)

Hope, I could convince you, to at least try it.

---

Ah, one last thing: ScummVM and the whole team behind - ROCKS. I don't say this, to make you port, but from my deepest heart, you made me very happy, to play all those games again.
DevastatedMind

Post by DevastatedMind »

Absolutly, I would instantly pay or donate for a Bada Port of ScummVM. So why not if there is an Android App there should be a Bada Port too.
The Samsung S8500 Wave has sold over One Million copies till today and Bada is incredibly fast growing bigger,this is way more than a Blackberry or PalmPre can count. So please ScummVM Team, Pimp my Samsung Wave;)
Dokugogagoji

Post by Dokugogagoji »

Hi,

I'm a bada developer and interested to contribute on ScummVM port on Bada.

I would like to know NovaCoder status of work and I can help him about.

(It's useless starting my personal port if someone is working already on it)
NovaCoder

Post by NovaCoder »

Dokugogagoji wrote:Hi,

I'm a bada developer and interested to contribute on ScummVM port on Bada.

I would like to know NovaCoder status of work and I can help him about.

(It's useless starting my personal port if someone is working already on it)
Update,

Been talking to Dokugogagoji about working on this together....watch this space :D
Simmabo

Post by Simmabo »

Yeah guys, YEAH! You rock :)
maschogge

Wohoo!

Post by maschogge »

Thank you so very much! Wohooooooooooooooooo!
ekstazjon

Post by ekstazjon »

Woow nice :) thx
DevastatedMind

Post by DevastatedMind »

Hey, that's amazing of you guy's.
Is there any chance in helping you in some way?
Donating some money or other stuff (beta testing etc.)

Greetings
Simmabo

Post by Simmabo »

If you need Beta-Testers, just write here, I'd love to do betatesting and I'd try to find some people in other forums with bada phones :)
Dokugogagoji

Post by Dokugogagoji »

Simmabo wrote:If you need Beta-Testers, just write here, I'd love to do betatesting and I'd try to find some people in other forums with bada phones :)
We're just planning the porting, at the moment (well, I'm just porting libmpeg, libvorbisdec, libflac, libmad..I need them for another project), we're both busy at work and we have an heavy timezone difference...so I am going to sync with NovaCoder with a Google Docs document.

When we are getting a working build, I think NovaCoder it's okay to announce it here...so we can collect testers...

but for now, no ETA, sorry.

Ps. Obviously, I'm also a bada user :p
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

One note. We are not greeting unofficial ports, that is, if you would start from the beginning with attempts to merge your work with the mainline, you're more than welcome.

With unofficial ports we have number of problems and complains impossible to resolve, thus the policy.

Eugene
Dokugogagoji

Post by Dokugogagoji »

sev wrote:One note. We are not greeting unofficial ports, that is, if you would start from the beginning with attempts to merge your work with the mainline, you're more than welcome.
Yes, i mean for now unofficial port of external libraries (for now, IMHO too painful to coordinate with each source tree..Bada is pretty new born). For ScummVM, NovaCoder has already told me where to "touch" the ScummVM platform in order to integrate it, rather than forking it.
With unofficial ports we have number of problems and complains impossible to resolve, thus the policy.
Yes, it'll be merged to ScummVM trunk/mainline.