taracho

Post by taracho »

this sounds so cool!!!! please make a port for bada
hexaae

Post by hexaae »

Great news some coders are finally porting it to Bada too!! :D
Can't wait!

For the developers:
My suggestion about Right/Left-Mouse-Button emulation: use a double tap to switch left/right mouse button mode. The solution for Nokia Symbian was very uncomfortable so I hope you won't adopt the same unintuitive menu system...
ekstazjon

Post by ekstazjon »

it's sounds really cool :D
torsti76

Post by torsti76 »

Guys,

that's just great news. I recently switched my Nokia E52 for a Samsung Wave and the only thing - besides a mail client that is really IMAP compliant ;-) - I'm desperately missing, is ScummVM.

I'd be glad to be among the alpha/beta testers, too!

Take care
Torsten
ekstazjon

Bada Port :) please :D

Post by ekstazjon »

:P
IT-Marky

:D

Post by IT-Marky »

:D :D :D

Fully agree! I'm also a Wave/bada owner and though there are a few minor glitches to be ironed out with new firmware, the Wave has great potential. bada 1.2.0 will be there soon. Smoothness, screen, code/menu locking, real phone features (redirection/caller blocking et al) make it very enjoyable.

Regrettably I had no time to take a look at the bada IDE yet. I also wanted to try to make a little app.

But I'm probably not a good enough coder for a project like ScummVM and my time is very limited currently; so I'm very very grateful for the initiative of NovaCoder and Doku.

ScummVM on bada is something I dreamt about, too.

I would also donate to such a project; I can also provide the four "Introduction to bada" PDFs by Wiley that were given away freely to bada developer zone subscribers.
IT-Marky

Post by IT-Marky »

PS: I wondered about the ScummVM Samsung TV port ... What kind of OS do they use in their TVs?
I guess it's too far fetched of an idea that there might be some common ground with TVs to help porting to bada?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

IT-Marky wrote:PS: I wondered about the ScummVM Samsung TV port ... What kind of OS do they use in their TVs?
I guess it's too far fetched of an idea that there might be some common ground with TVs to help porting to bada?
There is Linux inside. I see no common between those TVs and Bada besides the manufacturer.

Eugene
Simmabo

Post by Simmabo »

Just because I'm quite excited: What's going on? Are you still working on this? Is there already a progress? Is there a chance you might say, how far in % you are?
OmarJA

Post by OmarJA »

Are you guys still working on it?

Please replay. :)
NovaCoder

Post by NovaCoder »

Hiya guys,

Sorry been too busy finishing my classic Amiga port of V1.2 to spend any time with the BADA port, hope to get back to the BADA port in the next couple of weeks.
perwel2

Post by perwel2 »

hi! here another (proud) bada user
i just wanted to know how the project is going..
and if u need beta testers... : )
OmarJA

Post by OmarJA »

I wish more ScummVM developers will look into it.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Omar, as far as I know, no ScummVM developer *ever* "looked" into doing a Bada port.

Developing a new port for a device usually is done by volunteers who happen to own one of these devices. So, you best bet for a Bada port is to find a somebody who owns one of these devices, and is capable of and intersted in undertaking the effort to create a ScummVM port for it.

We certainly are willing to help people interested in making a port with doing that! But there is only so much you can do without having a device in your possesion. Plus it's not much fun to work on a port you can't even use yourself, too ;).
hexaae

Post by hexaae »

fingolfin wrote:Omar, as far as I know, no ScummVM developer *ever* "looked" into doing a Bada port.
:( Dokugogagoji and NovaCoder* said they were working on it...
Developing a new port for a device usually is done by volunteers who happen to own one of these devices.
Yes, but AFAIK bada SDK has an emulator inside to test the apps directly and easily.

* is he the same person who ported ScummVM to Amiga AGA recently? http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55614
Last edited by hexaae on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.