.SWF (Flash) port?

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Goal

Post by sev »

guybrush wrote:IF a new platform exists and IF the original publishers want to use it, we can continue thinking about problems like these. this has been done in many different ways before so please stop arguing with license and copyright details and start coming up with constructive ideas.
moderatorial: Violation of forum Rule #0, particularly ignorance of the Copyright FAQ; Rule #3, specifically, complete out of scope of ScummVM and is not a port; Rule #4 which is arguing with the moderator.

You got a warning
guybrush
Got a warning

Post by guybrush »

sev wrote:
guybrush wrote:players could have a login where they can upload their original datafiles
This will be a clear copyright infringement since the users have no rights to pass copy of the game without the media, or make several copies in case of digital distribution... Especially with SCUMM games, i.e. LucasArts :)
ok, maybe here was a misunderstanding. i was not saying that the owner of a game uploads the datafiles and then shares it with the world. the game then is just reachable for him (his login) which can not be a copyright infrigement afaik. but, as i said, i dont want to go into details here yet because it's so far away.

sorry for arguing, it's really not easy when you get hardly any support.

filip
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

guybrush wrote:sorry for arguing, it's really not easy when you get hardly any support.
Let me warn you once more that LEC IP is well protected, and they have whole department of lawyers watching any violations. If 3rd party users upload their games, they already distributing them to you and your server, which is an infringement.

I highly recommend you to try different engine, preferably for some freeware game supported by ScummVM, otherwise you could be quickly shut down once you go online with the result.

Eugene