Lame-o copy protection on xbox-port

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bo1e

Lame-o copy protection on xbox-port

Post by bo1e »

Trying to start monkey island 2 on scummvm for xbox, but I cant get passed the lame-o protection with no keyboard. If I press the left trigger on the controller I get a soft keyboard on the screen, but there is no mouse cursor to type with. Is there any way to get passed this on the xbox?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Re: Lame-o copy protection on xbox-port

Post by md5 »

bo1e wrote:Trying to start monkey island 2 on scummvm for xbox, but I cant get passed the lame-o protection with no keyboard. If I press the left trigger on the controller I get a soft keyboard on the screen, but there is no mouse cursor to type with. Is there any way to get passed this on the xbox?
There is no official xbox port of ScummVM, you'd better refer to the person who built that port
bo1e

Post by bo1e »

Ok. Sorry, didnt realize that "other ports" didnt cover all the other ports :)
Think I found a way though, in how the buttons on the controller are mapped. Hope it works, will try it tomorrow.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

One thing you could try, I've been thinking about it myself, is to install Linux to the Xbox then install a Linux build of ScummVM.
Like I say I've been thinking about it myself ever since I came across a post about using a Linux Playstation emulator on Xbox and that it was much better than the actual normal straight Xbox PSX emulator.
One of the easiest ways to get Linux on a Xbox is with XDSL. I have a softmod and I've installed it. That's as far as I've got. But you can enable the debian package utility apt for software and I think this web site links to Debian builds of ScummVM.
I think Xbox ScummVM works well as it is but the last build Cacharius made was Xmas 2007.