Scummvm 0.11.0 in Debian (sid)

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

imperia

Scummvm 0.11.0 in Debian (sid)

Post by imperia »

Hello,
0.11.0 should be directly apt-get'able from Debian unstable (sid).
Can somebody confirm this? I am unable to find Scummvm in sid repo.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

This is a mistake on the website, I'll fix it.
imperia

Post by imperia »

thanks for your answer.

can you tell me if its normal SCUMMVM 0.11.0 to require libFLAC7 when 0.10.2 uses libFLAC8? it didn't wanted to install. I had to force it and then I created symbolic link - libFLAC.so.7 to the libFLAC.so.8 to make it run.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

imperia wrote:thanks for your answer.

can you tell me if its normal SCUMMVM 0.11.0 to require libFLAC7 when 0.10.2 uses libFLAC8? it didn't wanted to install. I had to force it and then I created symbolic link - libFLAC.so.7 to the libFLAC.so.8 to make it run.
From what I understand, a dependency on libflac8 means it was compiled against FLAC 1.1.4 or later. (The changelog for the Debian packages says that "Because of the API changes ... there has been another soname bump. libflac7 -> libflac8".) ScummVM can be compiled against earlier versions of FLAC (or without FLAC support at all, for that matter), though judging by comments in the source code there are plans to eventually drop support for versions before FLAC 1.1.3.

I don't know whether or not it's safe to link libFLAC.so.8 to libFLAC.so.7 like you did, since I don't know what changed between the two versions. Though as long as you don't actually use the FLAC portions of the code...
imperia

Post by imperia »

then the default 0.10.2 package is coming without FLAC support at all or with libFLAC8, because I didn't remember having any problems of that kind while installing it.

side note: i just noticed indy3-vga is not starting in 0.11 - strange.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

imperia wrote: side note: i just noticed indy3-vga is not starting in 0.11 - strange.
Odd. It does for me. Do you get any error message at all?
imperia

Post by imperia »

no. just blank screen. later i will be reverting back to scummvm 0.10.2 because 0.11 gives me too much troubles with dependencies in debian. i will see if indy3 is working.

the actual error is:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
scummvm: Depends: libflac7 but it is not installable
very annoying.
imperia

Post by imperia »

i just reinstalled scummvm 0.10.0 from testing repo and i copied indy3-vga again from my windows box (where indy3-vga works) and i can confirm indy3-vga is not working. only the titlebar changes its name to "Indiana Jones and Last Crusade...." and the screen remains black. I've removed .scummvmrc and .scummvm dirs too. i've completed indy4 and bass few days ago on the same machine.