Gamecube

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rodo

Post by rodo »

Hi,

I compiled ScummVM 0.9.1 for GC-Linux and packed it into a self contained image which can be booted from an SD Card.

You can download it at:
http://rododev.googlepages.com/home

This is a work-in-progress preview release and any feedback will be appreciated.

Regards,

Rodolfo
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Excellent! Though I don't have a GC to test your build. Did you make any changes to the sources?

Eugene
rodo

Post by rodo »

sev wrote:Excellent! Though I don't have a GC to test your build. Did you make any changes to the sources?
I made some changes to the SDL Backend joystick input code only.

Rodolfo
Roman

Post by Roman »

rodo wrote:Hi,

I compiled ScummVM 0.9.1 for GC-Linux and packed it into a self contained image which can be booted from an SD Card.

You can download it at:

This is a work-in-progress preview release and any feedback will be appreciated.

Regards,

Rodolfo
Great, just extracted your binary out of the image and put it into my ScummVM NBD image (I dont have a SD card, still using the old PSO/BBA streaming method) and it works perfecty. Unlike the precompiled PPC binary from debian.org, the save menu works with Lucas Games in your version. Thanks a lot. :)

BTW: Is this a daily build or a stable one?

EDIT: Since you can compile it: Would it be possible to map the numpad to the yellow control stick? This way the user could enter the copy protections for the Monkey Islands and can play the boxing sequences in Indy3/4.
rodo

Post by rodo »

I am happy you enjoyed the GC-Linux build.
Roman wrote: BTW: Is this a daily build or a stable one?
The build was based on the ScummVM 0.9.1 stable release source code.
Roman wrote: Since you can compile it: Would it be possible to map the numpad to the yellow control stick? This way the user could enter the copy protections for the Monkey Islands and can play the boxing sequences in Indy3/4.
I will be working on some way to emulate key-presses for numbers (mainly for Monkey Island) and I will see if it's possible to use the yellow c-stick.

Rodolfo
Roman

Post by Roman »

I will be working on some way to emulate key-presses for numbers (mainly for Monkey Island) and I will see if it's possible to use the yellow c-stick.
Great. The "5" would be still a problem, but the right trigger is unused at the moment AFAIK.

Another question: Your LibSDL is a lot smaller than the one found in SuperTux Take II from GC-Linux.org. Is yours an older one or is it a new one especially compiled for the needs of ScummVM?
rodo

Post by rodo »

Roman wrote:Another question: Your LibSDL is a lot smaller than the one found in SuperTux Take II from GC-Linux.org. Is yours an older one or is it a new one especially compiled for the needs of ScummVM?
From what I can see, it's the same version, but I built it specifically for ScummVM.

Rodolfo
Roman

Post by Roman »

OK, thanks, I've included your SDL into my NBD image. Didn't notice any difference though.

BTW: I think Scumm VM GC deserves it's own GUI, so I've started to make one, when it's finished I'll upload it, perhaps you'd like to include it into your package.

sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Roman wrote:BTW: I think Scumm VM GC deserves it's own GUI, so I've started to make one, when it's finished I'll upload it, perhaps you'd like to include it into your package.
Looks nice. I'm waiting until someone will try to tweak the GUI, not GUI colors :).

One note. Please, do not give special names to builds. I really hope that GC port will become official, and it will be a disaster if we'd have ScummGCVM or something like that. I.e. we support about 30 platforms now, and give name to each one....

Eugene
Roman

Post by Roman »

sev wrote:
Roman wrote:BTW: I think Scumm VM GC deserves it's own GUI, so I've started to make one, when it's finished I'll upload it, perhaps you'd like to include it into your package.
Looks nice. I'm waiting until someone will try to tweak the GUI, not GUI colors :).

One note. Please, do not give special names to builds. I really hope that GC port will become official, and it will be a disaster if we'd have ScummGCVM or something like that. I.e. we support about 30 platforms now, and give name to each one....

Eugene
The GUI is tweaked. ;)
Especially the left and right visual margin has been increased to respect old TVs, the logo is left aligned and got a "GC" in it, the version info is at the bottom right and some other small things (like button alignment etc.) and I plan to include a bigger font to make it more readable on old TVs.
AndreMASTER

Post by AndreMASTER »

Hey guys, I would like to know if it is possible to run the GC version of ScummVM without an SD Card. I only have a qoobPro modchip which allows me to boot homebrew software but is it possible to run ScummVM with it (by burning all the nescesary files on a DVD)?

What about saving? Does it work on a (qoobPro modded) GC without an SD Card?
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

rodo wrote:Hi,

You can download it at:

Regards,

Rodolfo
Hi rodo,

I've sent you a pm about this, I'm having a few problems getting it to run. Hopefully we'll be able to sort it out.

Cheers!
rodo

Post by rodo »

AndreMASTER wrote:Hey guys, I would like to know if it is possible to run the GC version of ScummVM without an SD Card. I only have a qoobPro modchip which allows me to boot homebrew software but is it possible to run ScummVM with it (by burning all the nescesary files on a DVD)?

What about saving? Does it work on a (qoobPro modded) GC without an SD Card?
Although it would be possible to run scummvm from a miniDVD, currently the only possible way to save games is to an SDCard. I am researching some ways to save to an memory card and I will post any progress here.

Rodo
AndreMASTER

Post by AndreMASTER »

I just tried ScummVMGC with a friend's SDCard but it didn't work. I made everything written in the txt-file but after loading scummvm.dol the screen turns black and nothing happens.
rodo

Post by rodo »

AndreMASTER wrote:I just tried ScummVMGC with a friend's SDCard but it didn't work. I made everything written in the txt-file but after loading scummvm.dol the screen turns black and nothing happens.
Could you tell me more about your system: region (NTSC/PAL), method for uploading the .DOL (SDLoad/PSOLoad), GC SDCard Reader brand and SDCard brand.

Rodolfo