Gamecube

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Thanks man! 8)

If I want to be a real pain would it possible to ask that the D-Pad be used for fine movement? :oops:

Im currently playing through Broken Sword 1 with the missus - its so good playing it on the front room TV :D
Epervier 666

Post by Epervier 666 »

Hi,

Me again.
I just want to know if the problem regarding use of a DVD instead of a SD Card has been fixed, and if it hasn't, has the source code been released to public ? (I'm not a coder, but I can try... to give it to another coder :p

Thx (I'm french, forgive my english)
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

I guess it will be with the next release :)
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Rodo has just emailed me the latest update to his superb SCUMMVM port for the GameCube/Wii 8)
I have good news regarding ScummVM for GC. I have implemented some control changes allowing the user to input enter (for Simon) and the number 0 (for Monkey Island 2). I have added fine cursor control with the C stick plus restarting ScummVM without rebooting the GameCube.

I hope you enjoy the release,

Best regards,

Rodolfo
Fantastic news! :D

Ive hosted it on my site www.theplayground-uk.com find the download page here :lol:
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Mr_Nick666 wrote:Rodo has just emailed me the latest update to his superb SCUMMVM port for the GameCube/Wii 8)
I have good news regarding ScummVM for GC. I have implemented some control changes allowing the user to input enter (for Simon) and the number 0 (for Monkey Island 2). I have added fine cursor control with the C stick plus restarting ScummVM without rebooting the GameCube.

I hope you enjoy the release,

Best regards,

Rodolfo
Fantastic news! :D

Ive hosted it on my site www.theplayground-uk.com find the download page here :lol:
Thanks, I'll test it tonight .... hopefully!
Epervier 666

Post by Epervier 666 »

Yop

You said the problem with using a DVD will be fixed in the next version, and next, you said there is a new version.
If I burn a DVD with the program and some Scumm Game, will it work (I have only one DVD left, so I want to be sure)

Thx
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

As far as I know is SD card only... Lets face it a 2GB SD Card is only about £6 these days! :roll:
Epervier 666

Post by Epervier 666 »

I have a SD Card, that's not the problem...
But I have a Cheap and I use Cobra Bios.
I haven't an adapter to use my SD Card in my GameCube (and I never saw one in France).

Any Help ? Someone like me with a Solution ? a cup of tea ?

Thx
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

I use the SD Media Launcher found here and here

I have now tested this version fully.. All the controls work fine and are 100% - I can get in to Monkey Island 2 now :D

There IS a problem though... It WONT save ANYTHING!!!

It says " Unable to create file 'SAVEGAME.000' in directory '/sdcard/scummvm' "

Then " Can't create SAVEGAME.INF in directory 'sdcard/scummvm' "

Ive no idea why... I tried creating the folders required above, importing old save settings in, and pretty much anything else I could think of to no avail :( HELP! - V2 had no saving issues other than the lack of key inputs which rodo has added in this one.

Ive emailed rodo my results - has anyone else had this problem? :shock:
Roman

Post by Roman »

I've just tried it on my nbd image via PSO/BBA and it works great, saves and loads as always and Monkey Island 2 is finally playable, thanks a lot.

Having the menu on the start button is nice too because it's simply more gamecubesque that way. :)

Cursor finemovement on the C stick is a very useful addition too and it's working perfectly.

Only the boxing controls for Indy are missing. The D-pad is still free and would be perfect for that. :)
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Mr_Nick666 wrote: There IS a problem though... It WONT save ANYTHING!!!

It says " Unable to create file 'SAVEGAME.000' in directory '/sdcard/scummvm' "

Then " Can't create SAVEGAME.INF in directory 'sdcard/scummvm' "

Ive no idea why... I tried creating the folders required above, importing old save settings in, and pretty much anything else I could think of to no avail :( HELP! - V2 had no saving issues other than the lack of key inputs which rodo has added in this one.

Ive emailed rodo my results - has anyone else had this problem? :shock:
Yes, I've got this problem .... it's exactly how you describe it, V2 had no problems saving but this version doesn't save the game settings either, so you have to add the games everytime you want to use it.

The rebooting to the ScummVM menu is VERY handy!
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Epervier 666 wrote:I have a SD Card, that's not the problem...
But I have a Cheap and I use Cobra Bios.
I haven't an adapter to use my SD Card in my GameCube (and I never saw one in France).

Any Help ? Someone like me with a Solution ? a cup of tea ?

Thx
Theres a tutorial on how to make an SD Card Adaptor out of a GCube memory card here mate :wink:

I agree on the reboot jimbob! :D Im using a PAL Wii (unchipped) - what are you using? (to help try and isolate the problem!) :shock:[/b]
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Mr_Nick666 wrote: I agree on the reboot jimbob! :D Im using a PAL Wii (unchipped) - what are you using? (to help try and isolate the problem!) :shock:[/b]
Just a bog standard PAL Gamecube, I'll try it on my NTSC Cube when I get a few secs.

At a rough guess, maybe the sdcard is being mounted read only .....
rodo

Post by rodo »

Hi,

I've detected the saving problem, I will fix it and release the new package tonight.

As for the usage of a miniDVD, I am having trouble finding a miniDVD that my GameCube can read reliably, as soon as I get one I will be able to add this to the release.

Best Regards,

Rodolfo
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

rodo wrote:Hi,

I've detected the saving problem, I will fix it and release the new package tonight.

As for the usage of a miniDVD, I am having trouble finding a miniDVD that my GameCube can read reliably, as soon as I get one I will be able to add this to the release.

Best Regards,

Rodolfo
Excellent, thank you very much!!!

I've given up on trying to get my Cube to read a mini DVD-RW, it wouldn't read them even after tinkering with the laser power. From what I can see on the net it needs to be a DVD-R or DVD+R disc to have any chance of reading it, I'm on the look out for some cheap discs ....