Gamecube

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

AndreMASTER

Post by AndreMASTER »

PAL, using SDLoad, Gecko SDCard Reader, XFlash 2GB SDCard.

Could it be that you are using an old version of libogc for compiling? The old version doesn't support the newer (and bigger) SDCards.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

I don't think it's anything to do with the large size SD card. I'm having trouble getting it to work on my Gamecubes (I have both PAL and NTSC consoles). We have a very similar setup, I'm using a Viking 128MB SD card rather than an XFlash 2 GB card with an SD Gecko adapter.
rodo

Post by rodo »

Jimbob wrote:I don't think it's anything to do with the large size SD card. I'm having trouble getting it to work on my Gamecubes (I have both PAL and NTSC consoles). We have a very similar setup, I'm using a Viking 128MB SD card rather than an XFlash 2 GB card with an SD Gecko adapter.
I can see you are experiencing different problems, one is a black screen after loading the dol and the other not being able to mount the SD-Card once the dol was loaded. I am currently using a homemade sdcard reader, I will try to get hold of a Gecko SD Card reader and see if I can recreate the problems.

Rodolfo
Epervier 666

Post by Epervier 666 »

Hello

First, Excuse my English, I'm french...

Then : I have a Gamecube with a VIPER GC puce, and am unable to make this program works :
I burn all in a dvd and launch the dol File by An explorer include with a Bios named Cobra.
Problem : The program try to connect/mount an SD Card, but I haven't one...
Someone with the same problem ? A solution ?

By the way, great job for Scummvm : I use it on my computer and PDA, and I still take pleasure to Help Guybrush after all these Years...

Thanks
rodo

Post by rodo »

Epervier 666 wrote:Then : I have a Gamecube with a VIPER GC puce, and am unable to make this program works :
I burn all in a dvd and launch the dol File by An explorer include with a Bios named Cobra.
Problem : The program try to connect/mount an SD Card, but I haven't one...
Someone with the same problem ? A solution ?
Currently the ScummVM build for the GC only works from an SD card, I will post here any progress made to make it work from a DVD and saving to a memory card.

Rodolfo
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Hi,

I was just wondering if it would be an idea to put together a version of ScummVM for the Cube with some debugging message output, if you can't find a cheap SD Gecko card adapter. I'm not sure if it will help but maybe we'll find the solution to the problem quickly ....

Thanks!
Gnimm

Post by Gnimm »

Hi, I am unable to download the file listed on the second page of this thread. (the GCN ScummVM)

Can someone rehost it?
Gnimm

Post by Gnimm »

Hi, I've just tried to run this file off an SD card with Datel's SD Media Launcher.

It says it's missing a file that's clearly there. (scummvm-fs.bz2) What do I do?
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Gnimm wrote:Hi, I've just tried to run this file off an SD card with Datel's SD Media Launcher.

It says it's missing a file that's clearly there. (scummvm-fs.bz2) What do I do?
Not much TBH. I have the same problem and I haven't found a solution yet .....
nitr8

Post by nitr8 »

Same problem here with the Nintendo Wii in Gamecube mode:

Unable to mount SD-Card, using SD-Gecko Adapter.

It always says "insert another SD-Card with scummvm/scummvm-fs.bz2 on it" or kinda like this.

It just looks like it can't find the bz2 archive of scummvm. I almost tried 2 different SD-Cards - no success / the same problem on both.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

nitr8 wrote:Same problem here with the Nintendo Wii in Gamecube mode:

Unable to mount SD-Card, using SD-Gecko Adapter.

It always says "insert another SD-Card with scummvm/scummvm-fs.bz2 on it" or kinda like this.

It just looks like it can't find the bz2 archive of scummvm. I almost tried 2 different SD-Cards - no success / the same problem on both.
Same here too! :( Im so looking forward to Monkey Island on the big screen :D

I tried extracting the file into the folder and adding to a zip rather than a rar with no luck :(

Im using a PAL Wii with SD Media Launcher (1gb card)...
rodo

Post by rodo »

Could people who didnt get it to work confirm the file system type of the sdcard where the scummvm-fs.bz2 file is located? (i.e. FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, ext3, etc).

Rodolfo
nitr8

Post by nitr8 »

Nintendo Wii in Gamecube Mode (used SD Gecko Adapter):

- FAT32 not recognized by SDLOAD (it just doesn't show the files on the SDCard)
- booting ScummVM from DVD doesn't help either (on a SDCard with FAT32 still "Mounting failed - Device or resource busy")
- as read on this site, FAT12 and FAT32 are not supported by GNU/Linux (which is part of your MOD)
- after preparing the SDCard for SDLoad, still no success

so only way should be formatting the SDCard with FAT from within Windows, which is FAT16 (SDLoad recognizes the files on the SDCard then, but you still get the mounting error for the .BZ2 file when trying to boot ScummVM)
countz3r0

Post by countz3r0 »

I'm also getting the mounting error and it not being able to find the .bz2 file.

NTSC Wii, using SDLoad, Gecko SDCard Reader, SanDisk 1GB Card formatted to FAT16, and prepped with sdpatch.

i can see the card, the .dol loads, and then it says unable to mount sd something something device is busy

and then it fails loading the .bz2 file.

-Cesar
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

My card is FAT 16 too...

I notice that the file scummvm-fs.bz2 is in a .rar folder rather than a .zip - would that be a problem?