XBOX 360 RGH Port - Please Help!!!

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

josecruz

XBOX 360 RGH Port - Please Help!!!

Post by josecruz »

Hello Guys

I am very fan of the point and click games and I would like to be able to make the Scumm VM 1.4.1 emulator work in my xbox 360 rgh, I have other emulators but I never got to do the scumm vm run in the xbox 360 rgh, there is no tutorial on the internet that teaches in fact how to configure the emulator so that it works, for example, where should I put the games? what format does the emulator recognize the games? do I need some other files besides the games for them to work?

I need help and thank you for helping me make this emulator work on my console, I have been trying to enjoy these games for a long time without success.

Thank you all

José Cruz
gradius3

Re: XBOX 360 RGH Port - Please Help!!!

Post by gradius3 »

I only use this release on my original xbox but it should be the same on the 360. It's pretty straight forward to use. Start Scummvm with the default.xex file. Then add games the usual way; just point to the directory for every game wherever you have stored your games, wheter be it on usb hdd or on the internal hdd.

I made a folder within my scumm directory called "games". In there goes every game in a seperate folder. Just put all the plain game files in it. Some games may require specially prepared files. But there is a documentation site on the scummvm homepage how to do that if needed. But afaik (most of) these games only run on later builds so you don't have to bother with it.

For everything else look at the "README-XBOX360.txt" file.
josecruz

Post by josecruz »

gradius3 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:33 am I only use this release on my original xbox but it should be the same on the 360. It's pretty straight forward to use. Start Scummvm with the default.xex file. Then add games the usual way; just point to the directory for every game wherever you have stored your games, wheter be it on usb hdd or on the internal hdd.

I made a folder within my scumm directory called "games". In there goes every game in a seperate folder. Just put all the plain game files in it. Some games may require specially prepared files. But there is a documentation site on the scummvm homepage how to do that if needed. But afaik (most of) these games only run on later builds so you don't have to bother with it.

For everything else look at the "README-XBOX360.txt" file.

Thanks a lot for the info mate, theres any chance you could share your game folder with me? if you canot thats fine as well mate. Its been hard to find any scumm game on the internet.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

josecruz: Please note Forum Rule #0 ... viewtopic.php?t=17

Also, the XBOX ports are not legally distributable due to issues noted here: https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Plat ... _Platforms

Locking thread.