FLAC in ScummVM Pi

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Baurion

FLAC in ScummVM Pi

Post by Baurion »

Hi, I've downloaded the compiled ScummVM version 2.0 0 to raspberry pi 3 model B from downloads section, everything seems to work correctly except the audio tracks in FLAC format. I've successfully installed the libraries “libflac-dev” and nothing changes. I'm missing something? The compiled version uploaded here supports FLAC? Thank you very much.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Baurion: Not sure, but try the "About" button on the Main ScummVM launcher GUI (on right side just under "Options" button").

This will list the "Features compiled in" which should include FLAC if present.
Baurion

Post by Baurion »

I checked the version here and as i suspected don't supports FLAC. I tried to compile my own binaries with FLAC, the process finishes correctly but ScumnVM run extremely slow on Raspberry Pi 3, the binaries hosted in “downloads” runs fine. Someone knows how can i compile with hardware acceleration enabled by default? I mean, running natively without the need of activating OpenGL + KMS on Raspbian Stretch.

I'm lost, i compiled on Raspberry Pi using the syntax referred to the wiki.

Code: Select all

./configure --host=raspberrypi --with-sdl-prefix=/usr --disable-debug --enable-release --enable-optimizations --disable-mt32emu --enable-flac --disable-mad --disable-vorbis --disable-tremor --disable-fluidsynth --disable-taskbar --disable-timidity --disable-alsa
Any idea? Thank you!
Baurion

Post by Baurion »

dafioram

Post by dafioram »

What sdl version are you running? If you disable flac does it run fast? What about scummvm is slow? How different is your environment when you run scummvm 2.0 vs. your compiled version? Are you running directly off sd card or thumb drive?
Baurion

Post by Baurion »

dafioram wrote:What sdl version are you running? If you disable flac does it run fast? What about scummvm is slow? How different is your environment when you run scummvm 2.0 vs. your compiled version? Are you running directly off sd card or thumb drive?
I compiled directly on Raspberry Pi 3 model B, running Raspbian PIXEL (Stretch) with SDL 2.0.8 installed using the source code 2.0.0 of ScumnVM. I don't know exactly why but running my compiled version is getting severe low framerate, (the same problem persist in the version available through raspbian repository) unless the driver OpenGL + KMS be enabled in raspi:config. The compiled version hosted here does not have that problem if the OpenGL driver is not enabled by default. My humble question is if someone known how can i compile to avoid this problem to have a functional version with added support for FLAC. Thank you for your time and efforts.
dafioram

Post by dafioram »

Here is the script that retropie uses to build scummvm.

They strip the binary maybe that would help? They have some sort of scalers patch also.

I think your referring to using opengl as the scummvm renderer, is it slow if you use another one (normal or HQ2X)? I don't know what KMS is.