Altering screen sizes for individual games (retropie)

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

RCP90totheface

Altering screen sizes for individual games (retropie)

Post by RCP90totheface »

Hi all,

I'm new here, I've used this on Xbox before and now retropie, great to see the program continuing to evolve and thanks to all who have put in effort over the years.

The Pi build of this is working pretty well now, but I have a few games and I've found the screen often isnt a perfect size - there are borders, or sometimes a game runs off the screen so some text isnt visible. Is there any way to modify this by game? I've tried changing from full screen to window and back but it doesnt do anything at all for me. I'm using 1.9.1 SDL.

Another thing which would be great would be the ability to alter mouse button configs on a controller, and even map keyboard commands to the controller! For some games it isn't possible to get to the ScummVM menu without use of a keyboard, which takes away from the elegance of playing on such a small portable device. I understand however from searching the forum that this is outside the remit of ScummVM devs. Since the Pi scene is hotting up, hopefully someone will take it on! (it won't be me, I got a D in computers)

Thanks for looking!
RCP90totheface

Post by RCP90totheface »

I should add, I managed to change settings so that the overscanned games are now fully visible. This still leaves some games displayed on a window which only takes up around 2/3 of the screen though. If there are borders on all sides, it seems like a bit of a waste of real estate, is there any way to crank it up besides zoom settings on the TV itself?