UWP (Universal Windows Platform) Port

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Lybra

UWP (Universal Windows Platform) Port

Post by Lybra »

Hello everyone.

I am glad to report, that the first version of the UWP port has been released in the Microsoft Store. Please keep in mind that this is an early version and only compatible with Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile (Windows 8/8.1, Windows RT and Windows Phone 8/8.1 are not supported!)

For now the project is being developed as a fork. For detailed information about it's status or if you'd like to contribute, check out the wiki.

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs or difficulties.
n0n4m3

Thanks

Post by n0n4m3 »

Nice! Thanks :)

I have a Lumia 830 but I have access to other devices so let me know if you want me to test any particular feature.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Nice! Would you like to join the ScummVM team and develop this port in-tree?
Lybra

Post by Lybra »

n0n4m3 wrote:Nice! Thanks :)

I have a Lumia 830 but I have access to other devices so let me know if you want me to test any particular feature.
You're welcome. One thing I am not able to test right now is SD Card functionality. And I am not really familiar with Sierra games, so it would be interesting to check them out.

md5 wrote:Nice! Would you like to join the ScummVM team and develop this port in-tree?
Thank you. I'd gladly contribute, but I also assume that the current status might still be a bit too messy. So to get back to your question: if it's ok, that I only have a lmitited amount of time - yeah, sure.
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Works really good. Tested it with Simon the Sorcerer 1&2. But there is no game menu to save and exit the game. Is the menu not working yet or is there a special button to aktivate it?
Luilly

Post by Luilly »

Hello.

If you are running scummvm with keyboard press F5.
Iy you are running scummvm in a tactile screen without keyboard use zoom in and zoom out.

Regards.
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Thank you. This makes it nearly perfekt. Thank you Lybra for all the work. Wonderful
rootfather
ScummVM Lead

Post by rootfather »

Thanks Lybra for this port! Would be great if you can make this an officially maintained port for future releases.

I did a short test with "Beneath a Steel Sky" - seems to work great. Only thing I noticed is that you have to exit the application and re-open it again if you switch from fullscreen to windowed mode and vice-versa.

I also noticed that the aspect-ratio correction isn't working in full screen mode, but according to commit 0d4045a, that seems to be correct behaviour. Any way to get aspect-ratio correction in fullscreen mode at the moment?

I'm running Windows 10 1511 Build 10586.36, 64 Bit running on a standard Laptop. I tested the version that's currently available via the Windows Store, but I'm installing Visual Studio right now to test the very latest git revision.

Best regards
rootfather
Lybra

Post by Lybra »

AlexR wrote:Thank you. This makes it nearly perfekt. Thank you Lybra for all the work. Wonderful
You're welcome.
rootfather wrote:Any way to get aspect-ratio correction in fullscreen mode at the moment?
Fullscreen and aspect-ratio correction are pretty much not working at the moment, I will have to look into it. What I would recommend for the time being, is to switch into "tablet mode" if it's supported on your system.
rootfather
ScummVM Lead

Post by rootfather »

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to compile the project by myself, but I ran into an error: I get an error message about a missing file in winuwp.cpp.

The compiler is looking for "backends\events\winuwpsdl\winuwpsdl-events.h", but there's no winuwpsdl folder in my backends\events folder neither than in your repository. Maybe you forgot to upload something? ;)

Best regards
rootfather
Lybra

Post by Lybra »

Should be working now.

The problem with fullscreen mode is getting more complicated. SDL is internally exiting fullscreen mode when the window gets minimized or is losing focus. While the SDL port is correctly using the native APIs to switch between fullscreen mode, it does break minimizing or alt-tabbing. It also quits the fullscreen mode without correctly returning when regaining focus. I will have to report this bug first.
PegaX

Post by PegaX »

Just tried the port with Lumia 950 and SD Card. Seems to work perfect. Also the aspect-ratio looks good and saving / loading games works fine. Tried MK1-3 and DoTT.

Greetings
PegaX
elgarf

Post by elgarf »

Tried to play Space Quest 5 on NL735, it was not very comfortable =(

1) Need right mouse click.
2) Scale up & scale down doesn't work for me.

Maybe there can be several touch modes:
1) Absolute (as it is now).
2) Relative (touchscreen becames a sort of touchpad) like in TouchMousePointer utility.
Lybra

Post by Lybra »

PegaX wrote:Just tried the port with Lumia 950 and SD Card. Seems to work perfect. Also the aspect-ratio looks good and saving / loading games works fine. Tried MK1-3 and DoTT.
Glad to hear, thanks for the information!

elgarf wrote:Tried to play Space Quest 5 on NL735, it was not very comfortable =(

1) Need right mouse click.
2) Scale up & scale down doesn't work for me.

Maybe there can be several touch modes:
1) Absolute (as it is now).
2) Relative (touchscreen becames a sort of touchpad) like in TouchMousePointer utility.
You can right click via tap hold or the back button of your device. The events for scaling/zooming are velocity based, maybe this is causing issues with lower resolution devices, I will look into this.

Different touch modes may be something to add in the future, but I wouldn't expect it any time soon.
elgarf

Post by elgarf »

Lybra wrote: You can right click via tap hold or the back button of your device. The events for scaling/zooming are velocity based, maybe this is causing issues with lower resolution devices, I will look into this.
I've tried tap & hold, but when I tap, it's always triggers left click, and only then -- right. So, I switch between walk and look modes, and stuck into the look mode, because game always display message, when Roger look somewhere.

Same with scaling events: whenever I touch screen, it triggers left mouse click.