nScumm - rewrite of ScummVM in C# for Windows Phone

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

scemino

Post by scemino »

Echo wrote:Of course! I just thought it would be best if I don't post too much. So here it "Monkey island 2 lechucks revenge, it seems that it works but I have to write something for the game to go on and I'm not able to write anything. And there seem to be no controls, how are we supposed to play? I've tried some games again, like maniac mansion, the extension is .LFL and now it's working, maybe I've got wrong files the first time? So, sorry for the wrong news : |. Btw, when I'm touching the screen the cursor is a little to the left, I'm stuck at the first scene of the game, but it works!thanks!". "Dy of the tentacle" crashes after the fish jumps out of the water. And "Beneath a Steel Sky" and King's Quest 1: quest for the crown" still don't show up im nSCUMM, I don't know if it's something wrong with them, they work on scummvm 1.7.0 . Does Scummvm play all the dos games
Monkey island 2: you're right, it's a bug, the virtual keyboard is not yet implemented.
Day of the tentacle: I have to check what's wrong, can you tell me your version of nScumm ?
"Beneath a Steel Sky" and "King's Quest 1" are not supported by nScumm (as I wrote before: nScumm is not ScummVM and it does not support all games supported by ScummVM).
BUT I started the development of "Beneath a Steel Sky" and "Broken Sword 1", so there's still hope.
Just to warn you, nScumm is a 1 man project that I do during my spare time, it's far to be stable, so please be clement.
Moreover I have to pay a licence to publish it on Windows Store, and I earn no money with it.
And the last but not the least, I have no Windows Phone to test it for real.
(sorry my english is terrible...)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Since nScumm is not a port, but a fork of ScummVM, with its own bugs and issues, perhaps it would be better to create a subforum for it and move all nScumm-related discussion in there? Otherwise, this will just confuse users, since we're talking about a total rewrite of ScummVM in another programming language, not a port of the main code tree.
Echo

Post by Echo »

Sure, I think it's the latest version, download it from the store about two days ago, so unless you updated it , it has to be the latest. Are those two games diffrent than the others that works with nScumm? Just curious :) Well even Scummvm doesn't play all the dos games, so it's really good actually, I used to play some Scummvm games on my nokia 6124c :D and I'm happy to know there's an emulator that works for windows phones. You could add some in app donations, it could be useful, but only if it becomes more popular, and of course it's you're time that you're wasting, you could do something that earns money, can't live without those lol. Have you tried the windows phone emulator? I've shared the emu in "AppRaisin", hopefully it'll be more popular :D Your English is fine, I'm not a native English speaker myself :)
scemino

Post by scemino »

md5 wrote:Since nScumm is not a port, but a fork of ScummVM, with its own bugs and issues, perhaps it would be better to create a subforum for it and move all nScumm-related discussion in there?
For sure, it would be nice, but how?

@Echo: thanks for your support, yes I'm using the Windows Phone emulator, but the SDCard emulation is defective...
Echo

Post by Echo »

Oh, too bad. What do you need to know? I have bot the emulator and the roms on the sd card. And btw, day of the tentacle cd-dos version works, indiana jones and the fate of atlantis works too and sam & max hit the road crashes after that guy (actually a robot :)) ) says "friends". But when i touch the screen, the cursor (the aim icon) is about half a centimeter to the right. No need to thank me. Thank you for your efforts! :)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

This topic became confusing, as there are two different people following a completely different approach.

Lybra is porting ScummVM to Win8/RT as a universal app, by changing some parts of the code. scemino is doing a total rewrite of ScummVM to another programming language (from C++ to C#).

All the nScumm related posts have been split from the original Windows Phone topic into this one, to avoid confusion, and monitor the two projects separately.

The original topic with information and progress on the Windows Phone port is here

This topic is about the nScumm rewrite from C++ into C# (not the port).
Luilly

Post by Luilly »

Hello scemino.

Any update?
Thank you for your effort.

Regards.