nScumm - rewrite of ScummVM in C# for Windows Phone

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

scemino

Post by scemino »

Hi all,

I don't know if you're still interested for this kind of project, but it's been several years that I'm working on a .NET port of the scumm engine: https://github.com/scemino/nscumm
These days I'm porting it for the new Universal Windows Platform, so it means that it should be working on Windows Phone too.
Here is a screenshot in the Windows Phone emulator:

Please, let me know your feelings about it.
(Sorry my english sucks).
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Fantastic News. I hope it will work. Are you going to bring it to the Windows Store?
pinoelefante

Post by pinoelefante »

scemino wrote:Hi all,

I don't know if you're still interested for this kind of project, but it's been several years that I'm working on a .NET port of the scumm engine: https://github.com/scemino/nscumm
These days I'm porting it for the new Universal Windows Platform, so it means that it should be working on Windows Phone too.
Here is a screenshot in the Windows Phone emulator:

Please, let me know your feelings about it.
(Sorry my english sucks).
Wow, great. I love you!!! (reading your nick... Italian?)
Luilly

Post by Luilly »

Hello scemino.

I have downloaded your code from Github and I have launched WindowsGL version. I have been playing Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis.
Congratulations for your effort!

I am a C# developer. Could I help you?

Regards.
pinoelefante

Post by pinoelefante »

I tried UWP on my Lumia 630 (Win 10 Mobile) with Monkey Island 3
Framerate is very low but it starts! Cursor is smooth
I will try some dos game later

PS: just crashed but it happens often on my low ram device
scemino

Post by scemino »

Thank you for your comments and feedbacks!
And now the good news is, nSCUMM is available on Windows Store: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh5x9t9
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Great news. But unfortunatly it doesn't detect the games on my Lumia 930
scemino

Post by scemino »

AlexR wrote:Great news. But unfortunatly it doesn't detect the games on my Lumia 930
Please tell me which games, the language and the platform (dos, amiga, atari-st, etc.) and I will update the game lists in the next release.
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Thank You. I tried: Day of The Tentakel, Indiana Jones 4, Eye of the Beholder, Kings Quest 1-4, Monkey Island 1, Simon the Sorcerer 2, Conquest of Camelot.
All DOS and German Language except of KQ1-4 and Camelot (English Version)
scemino

Post by scemino »

AlexR wrote:Thank You. I tried: Day of The Tentakel, Indiana Jones 4, Eye of the Beholder, Kings Quest 1-4, Monkey Island 1, Simon the Sorcerer 2, Conquest of Camelot.
All DOS and German Language except of KQ1-4 and Camelot (English Version)
I'm sorry to tell you that only SCUMM games are supported, Eye of the beholder, Kings Quest 1-4, Simon the sorcerer 2 and Conquest of Camelot won't be available, but Day of the Tentakel, Indiana Jones 4, Monkey Island 1 will be supported in german in the next release. I added support for german, french, italian and spanish.
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Thank you scemino. I tried the english version of Monkey Island1. It was really good to see it starting. Unfortunatly there was no sound. But maybe it is a Win10 mobile bug. There are a few problems with the sounds in last build of the OS.
Edit: The english dos version stopped at the end of the intro. But it's how i said. Win10 is not really stable on Lumia 930. I think it's about the testing people in the Windows insider program. They all tested the preview on cheap Lumias and not on their main smartphones. Most of the bugs happens on the flagships at the moment. Don't hurry. We will see if it works in the future. Seeing the intro of Mi1 on my lumia was great enough waiting for it. Thank you for this. By the way the german versions of Mi1 are Amiga and Atari Version. I hope this is no problem.
And also thanks to Lybra who is working to port and fix the WP8.1 App. Seems the thread is no longer dead
PegaX

Post by PegaX »

Great to see ScummVM in WM Store. As you wrote only english games are working until now. Thanx for working on german games support also.

One general question: It seems there is no way yet to control the game over the buttons of my mobile phone, right?

I'd already tried the android port working on windows phone. The games start with sound and general coursor control, but in the end the lack of starting the menue dialog (ESC works fine with the "backwards" button) is quite a blocking point (save the game)
tomB

Post by tomB »

@scemino I'm delighted to see your work and installed it immediately from the store (after having downloaded from GIT, compile myself, then noticing few posts later it was in the store...) Great!

I'm interested in you adding support for the English CD versions of a couple of games, "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis", and "Beneath a Steel Sky".
LFLFM

Windows Phone 8.1?

Post by LFLFM »

Sorry for the stupid question (I read the thread but maybe I missed something?):
Is it only on windows phone 10? I read that Lybra is working on 8.1 and some people who've downloaded it from the store but I'm not finding it (Lumia 830 on w8.1)...?
Lybra

Re: Windows Phone 8.1?

Post by Lybra »

LFLFM wrote:Sorry for the stupid question (I read the thread but maybe I missed something?):
Is it only on windows phone 10? I read that Lybra is working on 8.1 and some people who've downloaded it from the store but I'm not finding it (Lumia 830 on w8.1)...?
I am working on the Universal App port (Win10 only).