Harmattan port?

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

andei

Post by andei »

hood wrote:It's a really fine update. Thanks a lot ya! But I have a request if it possible to make some UI elements larger coz it's so hard to hit it. Especially buttons left/right in upper right settings corner and up/down and whole right part of select game folder.
The current ScummVM UI is not really designed for small devices. Rundfunk is working on a new touchscreen-friendly interface for ScummVM, so when it's ready it will benefit the N9 port too.

http://scummvm.org/news/20130531a/

In the mean time give the trackpad mode a go (if you haven't already). I find it much easier to use.
hood

Post by hood »

andei wrote:The current ScummVM UI is not really designed for small devices. Rundfunk is working on a new touchscreen-friendly interface for ScummVM, so when it's ready it will benefit the N9 port too.

http://scummvm.org/news/20130531a/

In the mean time give the trackpad mode a go (if you haven't already). I find it much easier to use.
I understand you. And (oh yeah!) trackpad mode. My mom's always told me: RTFM! :)
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

When I watch a video file on the N9 the screensaver gets disabled so I can watch the video without interruptions.

It would be very nice if ScummVM for N9 did the same thing, as the cutscenes in some games are rather long. So there's no need to often press the touchscreen during the cutscenes.

But besides that I'm super happy with the port, thanks again! :)
Orologiaio

Post by Orologiaio »

I know it's offtopic, but I recently purchased a Jolla (spiritual successor to N9, powered by the Meego-derivative SailfishOS) and I was wondering if a ScummVM port was in the works... I should probably open a new thread.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Orologiaio: We already have a Meego port, which _may_ run on SailfishOS. Please test with the v1.6.0 release build:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Maemo

I suggest that you ask the porter listed there as he is likely to maintain any future SailfishOS port.
Orologiaio

Post by Orologiaio »

digitall wrote:Orologiaio: We already have a Meego port, which _may_ run on SailfishOS. Please test with the v1.6.0 release build:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Maemo

I suggest that you ask the porter listed there as he is likely to maintain any future SailfishOS port.
Thanks, will do. :)

EDIT:
I noticed just now that the one in your link is the Maemo port, not the MeeGo one. That one didn't work even on MeeGo Harmattan (Nokia N9's OS), which was a MeeGo-ified version of Maemo and not proper MeeGo, and we needed andei's port. Sailfish is more "proper MeeGo" than Harmattan (actually, a fork-reboot of MeeGo) and even uses another package format (rpm instead of deb) so I think there's no chance tsoliman's port is going to work.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Yes, sorry. I noticed that after I posted this.

You should still talk to the porter there as he is the most likely person to look at Meego / SailfishOS porting.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

I have no plans to port to MeeGo myself (as I don't own any of the devices) but I appreciate any help folks would provide.
lich

Post by lich »

Can anybody update the package to 1.7.0?
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

If you mean the Maemo port, I will try to update it when I get some time this weekend.
lich

Post by lich »

I mean MeeGo port. It is still at 1.6.0 and I want to play Neverhood on my nokia n9.