DS/3DS port?

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Post Reply
guybrush376
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:45 pm

DS/3DS port?

Post by guybrush376 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:30 pm

Hello. I saw the DS port as an unsupported file, and I just got a new 3DS, so is there any way to install the DS files onto the 3DS (Like, through the SD card???)? If not, then I'm asking for a supported 3DS port (without needing firmware/exploits/hacking).

Flo
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: DS/3DS port?

Post by Flo » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:41 pm

guybrush376 wrote:Hello. I saw the DS port as an unsupported file, and I just got a new 3DS, so is there any way to install the DS files onto the 3DS (Like, through the SD card???)?
No.
guybrush376 wrote:If not, then I'm asking for a supported 3DS port (without needing firmware/exploits/hacking).
Not going to happen. Games/apps need to be signed in order to run on the 3DS, and Nintendo doesn't sign homebrew.

Dishy
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:03 am

Post by Dishy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:37 am

I would assume it should run from a dsTwo card with the latest firmware. Working fine on my DSL.

Axel
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Axel » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:10 pm

You need a Card Adapter (i.e. R4) in order to run homebrew in you DS/DSi/DSXL/3DS.

This does not modify/hack your device in anyway.

Dishy
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:03 am

Post by Dishy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:16 pm

Axel wrote:You need a Card Adapter (i.e. R4) in order to run homebrew in you DS/DSi/DSXL/3DS.

This does not modify/hack your device in anyway.
This. All the way. I've had a flawless experience with both the R4 and Supercard dsTwo. I would recommend the dsTwo because it has some better and more expanded features, as well as an active dev community. They are updating it often.

Read up here: http://eng.supercard.sc/ and do a bit of googling around to find the best price.

Post Reply