UWP (Universal Windows Platform) Port

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hervedumoulinarc

Post by hervedumoulinarc »

Lybra wrote:
rootfather wrote:Lybra, have you checked the recently released Desktop App Converter?

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/w ... es/desktop

Maybe this makes porting ScummVM to the Windows UWP platform a lot easier?
This is just converting desktop apps into an AppX container, so you can publish it into the store. While the core team might be interested in this, it won't do any good for the UWP port. It won't run on phones, xbox one, holo lens etc.
Hello Lybra
How are you ?
I wanted to tell you that I deployed your fork on my HoloLens and it worked. :)
Edit 1 : It's working Great now on HoloLens I added files of games manually and It recognize It. It was my fault.
The only problem is I cannot add games for the moment, I didn't find a way to upload games (I tried through the HoloLens platform server... with no chance, it didn't work neither directly from the app, but I do see "LocalState folder") Could you help me ? Will it be possible to change the solutions to copy .LFL files in LocalState folder when I deploy ?
Luilly

Post by Luilly »

Hello Lybra.

Please, could you update ScummVM UWP to version 1.9.0.0 of ScummVM?
Some games like Broken Sword 2.5 don't work properly in ScummVM 1.8.0.0

Thank you for your effort.

Regards.
Flexman

Post by Flexman »

I think it would be great if the UWP could be merged with official releases, since more and more Windows devices also get a touch screen. The version for Windows ist not working as good as the Android version especially if you want to use a touch screen.
ploggy

Post by ploggy »

Lybra wrote:
rootfather wrote:Lybra, have you checked the recently released Desktop App Converter?

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/w ... es/desktop

Maybe this makes porting ScummVM to the Windows UWP platform a lot easier?
This is just converting desktop apps into an AppX container, so you can publish it into the store. While the core team might be interested in this, it won't do any good for the UWP port. It won't run on phones, xbox one, holo lens etc.
Is there any chance for this to work on the Xbox One? (through Dev mode side loading?) The Xbox One supports sideloading of Appx files
Luilly

Re: UWP (Universal Windows Platform) Port

Post by Luilly »

Hello Lybra.

Windows phone is dead, but in Windows 10 and specially in Windows 10 S mode is very interesting to have a UWP version in the Windows Store.
Are you thinking in releasing any updated version of the UWP port?

Regards.
hooddy

Re: UWP (Universal Windows Platform) Port

Post by hooddy »

Is there any alive in here?