ScummVM V.11 on PSP Ver.3.80

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

EnterTheGMan

ScummVM V.11 on PSP Ver.3.80

Post by EnterTheGMan »

Hey All

Quick question, does anyone know how to get ScummVM Ver.11 on a PSP with 3.80 because all it says is corrupted data, I tried a downgrader that also say corrupted data. Does anyone know a way round this problem or am I stuck with it for now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

The G-Man
CRIKEY

Post by CRIKEY »

first are you able to run homebrew and do you have the scummvm folder located in psp/game...?
EnterTheGMan

Post by EnterTheGMan »

I cannot run homebrew and I have placed the ScummVM folder in the PSP/GAME folder, everything just says corrupted data and it wont allow me to run anything.

EDIT: Got a bit further, now its saying "This game could not be started. (80020148)
jak66

Post by jak66 »

Your on the lastest Sony firmware...of course t doesn't work, Sony try harder each firmware to block homebrew. The only thing they cant block is their own backdoor, service mode.
The only thing that will downgrade your PSP to a firmware that can run homebrew is Pandora's Battery.
crossover

Post by crossover »

Actually, 3.80 is fine, at least in my case.
EnterTheGMan

Post by EnterTheGMan »

Really, then how do you use it on 3.80, are you using anything extra?
crossover

Post by crossover »

Nope, just CFW 3.80 M33-5. FWIW I placed the ScummVM folder into the PSP\GAME150 folder.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

There is, of course, a difference between Sony's official 3.80 firmware (which you appear to be running) and a 3.80-based hacked/custom firmware (which crossover uses).

ScummVM won't run directly on any official firmware higher than 1.50, which is why you either need to stick with 1.50 or install a custom firmware.
The latter is usually preferred because then you can use all the new features Sony put in after 1.50.

Using Pandora's battery it's very easy to downgrade/install any of the CFWs, you should be able to find several guides explaining how to do this using Google.
lisky8

Post by lisky8 »

Am running 3.80 CFW with the V.11 of the psp port ScummVM, i have an original floppy copy for windows of Monkey island 1 and 2, just could someone let me know if i need to make any changes to the games when putting them on my psp? or can i just dump them in the game folder on my psp and tell ScummVm where to find them? a simple yes or no would be a greatly appreciated, thanks again :)
clem

Post by clem »

lisky8 wrote:can i just dump them in the game folder on my psp and tell ScummVm where to find them? a simple yes or no would be a greatly appreciated, thanks again :)
yes.

(a windows version? those games were only released for DOS :) )
lisky8

Post by lisky8 »

my mistake, dos was what i meant, one more question, i know space quest doesnt run through ScummVM, or not to my knowledge anyway, but do you know of any apps that will? cheers again :D

EDIT: I apologise if this is against forum rules
crossover

Post by crossover »

Apps? ScummVM runs only games to the best of my knowledge, and there's a list in the wiki. Look here:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Category:Games

Edit:
Also, ScummVM (at least the Windows version) supports Space Quest :)
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Space_Quest
lisky8

Post by lisky8 »

legend! thanks for the help, will have to try it on psp, have a dos cd version of space quest 6, just wanted to save space by using just Scumm without having to download dosbox and having to put that on my psp also
lisky8

Post by lisky8 »

crossover wrote:Apps? ScummVM runs only games to the best of my knowledge
misdirected you sorry, i meant apps that will run space quest, not apps that will run via Scumm!
crossover

Post by crossover »

DosBox perhaps, but it's MUCH easier with ScummVM.