A safe problem? MI1

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Pippin

A safe problem? MI1

Post by Pippin »

I would've posted this on my other topic if it hadn't been locked. (P.S, I checked rule #0 soonafter, I already knew that there was a rule for no warez, but I hadn't realised a short 30 second midi song would be breaking the rules.)

When I'm trying to break into the safe when the old man goes to look for the swordmaster, I have a really hard time working it around with the PSP, can anyone help?

( Who would've thought that downloading MIDI files that are up for PUBLIC distribution EVERYWHERE are illegal, eh? )
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Well, it sounded like you wanted to (re)download the full game, which is illegal. Sorry if I accused you wrongly.

If you have a legal copy of Monkey Island, you don't need any extra files. You might need to rip CD audio tracks to files, as explained in ScummVM's README.

If by the MIDIs you mean the "MIDI Pack"s found at scummbar.com, I'm not sure about the legal situation there. But you can't use them in ScummVM anyway.
Pippin

Post by Pippin »

DrMcCoy wrote:Well, it sounded like you wanted to (re)download the full game, which is illegal. Sorry if I accused you wrongly.

If you have a legal copy of Monkey Island, you don't need any extra files. You might need to rip CD audio tracks to files, as explained in ScummVM's README.

If by the MIDIs you mean the "MIDI Pack"s found at scummbar.com, I'm not sure about the legal situation there. But you can't use them in ScummVM anyway.
Yes, I tried that pack, they didn't work as you said, so I won't be using them anyway.

Nope, I have the both games in full, bought it a few years ago, "Monkey Madness pack"

EDIT: My bad, turns out I DO have the audio, I turned them into .wav files, all of them, but I'm not quite sure what to do next
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

please consult the readme