Scummvm 0.9 and 0.9.1 test on PSP v2.6

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

JimPegler

Scummvm 0.9 and 0.9.1 test on PSP v2.6

Post by JimPegler »

Hi, this is my first post.

I currently have scummvm working on my PSP v2.6 via eloader and GTA. However I can only use scummvm version 0.8.2.

When I try using the EBOOT.PBP from the download of scummvm version 0.90, a debugger window appears when I try and enter the save/load menu using the start button. The message ends as follows: -

ERROR: Widget <scummhelp> has y < 0.

This is the same when either using the single eboot or 1.5 eboot. When using the 1.5 eboot I have tried including the modern files in the directory but this subsequently leads to scummvm not working altogether and the PSP crashes after a black screen.

What I really want is to be able to play a smooth version of Curse of Monkey Island and I have read in another post that the test build of scummvm 0.9.1 (333Mhz) may be the answer. However when using the EBOOT.PBP from the 0.9.1 test build download the PSP crashes yet again after selecting scummvm from the eloader menu. This crash occurs with or without the modern files included in the scummvm directory.

Can anybody please help me understand how to get the new 0.9.1 (333Mhz) test build version working on my v2.6 PSP?? Or even the 0.9 version? (although if understand correctly the 0.9 version may not help me with getting COMI to run smoothly).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

eLoader is a hack and can cause all kinds of weird issues (as you've seen yourself).

Even if you do manage to get ScummVM to run; someone reported on this forum a while ago that COMI runs out of memory in one of the first scenes when using eLoader (presumably because it doesn't free up enough memory).

I'd suggest downgrading your PSP to 1.50 firmware (if possible), as running ScummVM via eLoader isn't supported.
wololo

Post by wololo »

use eLoader 0.99 and the TIFF exploit, it works on 2.6 firmwares for scummvm 0.9.0 and 0.9.1 (although I haven't tested COMI yet)
JimPegler

Post by JimPegler »

Thank you I have used eloader 0.99 with the TIFF exploit. Scummvm 0.9.1 now works fine on my PSP.

However, as joostp pointed out COMI (whilst running very smoothly) crashes towards the end of the first scene.

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for a version of eLoader that frees up more memory!

Cheers.