Few questions

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Alexander34

Few questions

Post by Alexander34 »

Hello everybody, i Have some questions.

1)Does scumm vm work only with firmware 1.5?
2)I have Broken Sword PC edition, how can i put it on my PSP?

Thanks for your attention! I'm sorry but i'm ignorant in this field!
Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

1:It works on 1.50 and 1.00 but if you want it to work on 2.00,2.50 and 2.60 then you need the unpatched version of GTA and the eloader
Philly

Post by Philly »

Well the answer to your first question is no, scumm can work on other versions but they need the e-loader and a copy of gta.

And to get broken sword working put the cd in the cd rom and copy the following files to your psp:
*.clu
swordres.rif
MUSIC folder
SPEECH folder
Rename speech.clu on CD1 to speech1.clu
Rename speech.clu on CD2 to speech2.clu

Then just run scumm on your psp and choose add game then find were you put the files, thats reall it.
Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

like i said it but it can not run on 2.70 and above just remember that so if you get a psp with 2.70 and above then your screwed AND FOR GOD SAKE DONT BOTHER ASKING IF THERE IS A 2.70 DOWNGRADER BECUASE THERE IS NOT there is only a 2.60/2.50 downgrader and a 2.00 downgrader and a 1.50-1.00 downgrader ok!
Alexander34

Post by Alexander34 »

It's supposed to occupy a lot of space. My memory stick has 1gb data storage. Do you think it's enough?
abelthorne

Post by abelthorne »

My version of Broken Sword uses about 350 MB on my PC (sound files have been compressed to Ogg Vorbis).
Alexander34

Post by Alexander34 »

oh not bad... i have another question... how can i install scumm vm? I have a psp 2.6 firmware, i installed the eloader... but scumm vm's folder looks strange: there's an archive .rar named "modern". Do i have to unzip that archive before putting the file in the directory? Do i have to create a new folder inside the /GAME one or can i put these files freely?
Tooplex

Post by Tooplex »

Dont unzip the .rar file in it all you have to do is take the files from the game you need put it in a folder in the scummvm folder then run it!
Hiei-

Post by Hiei- »

Alexander34 wrote:oh not bad... i have another question... how can i install scumm vm? I have a psp 2.6 firmware, i installed the eloader... but scumm vm's folder looks strange: there's an archive .rar named "modern". Do i have to unzip that archive before putting the file in the directory? Do i have to create a new folder inside the /GAME one or can i put these files freely?
Or you can also downgrade to 1.5 if you have the first version of GTA.

It'll let you use homebrew easier, and for games, you can use Devhook which emulate 2.50/2.60/2.70 to run your original umds.

About Broken Sword, same here, 350 MB with speech and musics in Vorbis.

320 MB if you dun count the cutsnes, as it seems the PSP version don't support them yet.