Latest build with AGI support

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rZr

Latest build with AGI support

Post by rZr »

I've downloaded the windows build and am thrilled with the AGI support.

Now I'd rather play the oldskool AGI games on my PSP, but I cant build the PSP version myself.

Is it possible for someone to build the latest psp version with AGI support? *falls to knees and begins chanting* ;)

Thanks in advance!
futaris

Post by futaris »

I tried compiling it, but got the following error:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib/libc.a(setsockopt.o): In function `getsockopt':
../../../../../../newlib/libc/sys/psp/socket.c:167: undefined reference to `sceNetInetGetsockopt'
../../../../../../newlib/libc/sys/psp/socket.c:170: undefined reference to `sceNetInetGetErrno'
/usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib/libc.a(setsockopt.o): In function `setsockopt':
../../../../../../newlib/libc/sys/psp/socket.c:293: undefined reference to `sceNetInetSetsockopt'
../../../../../../newlib/libc/sys/psp/socket.c:296: undefined reference to `sceNetInetGetErrno'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
In the meantime, try using GBAGI on VBA for the PSP. Kludgy way, but at least it'll support the dictionary input rather than using an on-screen keyboard.

Incidentally, I don't know who's working on this, but I've dealt with the sources of GBAGI, so I should be able to help with this engine.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

I wouldn't recommend trying to play AGI games with ScummVM on PSP until a better input mechanism (like GBAGI's) is implemented.
However, if you absolutely insist on trying; the build in this thread should have AGI enabled: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=1559
futaris

Post by futaris »

Yep, that build has AGI support. But AGI support still needs work. i.e. Joypad is not mapped to Keypad, and GBAGI style input is needed...
rZr

Post by rZr »

Ah still its great to play them as I am on the go a lot. With bad keyboard functionality or not ;).

Thanks for the replies!

And I'll check out GBAGI, thanks for the notion.
rZr

Post by rZr »

futaris:

I've used the GBAGI on the PSP GB emulator. Kinda odd using an emulator for an emulator - couldnt be too fast, and it wasnt ;).

Would be great to have the GBAGI dictonary input - I havent seen that before - and it rocks.
futaris

Post by futaris »

rZr: If you use the right settings for PSPVBA it seems ok, but it is only running at 10fps.

I quickly ran SQ: TLC with the following settings:

Sound enable: yes
Skip frame: 0
Turbo mode: 0
Show fps: yes
Render mode: fit
Screen Ymin: 0
Screen Ymax: 160
Disable SFX: no
Swap Analog/Cursor: no
Clock fequency: 333
ARM tick average: 8

NB, I would like to recompile GBAGI for my GBA Micro & GBAMP (using Chism's FAT driver), but they way it's coded means that everything has to be in memory / flash. I'd have to page stuff in and out and use some mem management techniques...

Anyhow, it'll probably just be as easy to make the changes to ScummVM's Sarien based code, and add the dictionary based input.

Besides it'd be nice to be able to run it on my Smartphone or WinCE PDA, Xbox, PS2 or Dreamcast...

joostp: Is anyone already working on this?
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

There are plans to add dictionary based input (or similar) to the AGI engine in ScummVM, but noone is working on it so far.
futaris

Post by futaris »

Ok joostp. I have started to look at the code and figured out where the getString Command gets its input from. Anyhow, I'm planning on just porting the parse menu system from GBAGI first, and going from there... I'm also going to modify the polEvent function to use the D-pad buttons for keypad movement

Is there any nice way to detect what engine we're using and modify the buttons accordingly? Does another system, i.e. NDS or Pocket PC do this?

What about for particular scenes? i.e. mini beatem-ups?
rZr

great!

Post by rZr »

@futaris:

Thanks for contributing! I think i can speak for many of us when I say that I can hardly wait for the next version :wink:. Good luck on adding the dictionary.

I am a software engineer at microsoft daughter company and I would like to support - but i've never worked with linux or svn. So contributing to scummvm would be a bit steep learning curve.

Nevertheless, I could take some work out your hands by doing some 'not too involved' coding.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Re: great!

Post by Vinterstum »

rZr wrote:@futaris:

Thanks for contributing! I think i can speak for many of us when I say that I can hardly wait for the next version :wink:. Good luck on adding the dictionary.

I am a software engineer at microsoft daughter company and I would like to support - but i've never worked with linux or svn. So contributing to scummvm would be a bit steep learning curve.

Nevertheless, I could take some work out your hands by doing some 'not too involved' coding.
More coders would definately be welcome :).

And you don't have to develop using Linux either. There are devs on the team who use Windows (and Mac OS X, in my case) as their primary ScummVM dev platform, Visual Studio works fine :).
futaris

Post by futaris »

Thanks guys... Thankfully agi is a very simple engine.

However, I also need to change the button mappings slightly. For the PSP, I ended up remapping the DPAD to the numpad inputs in SDL. The way the PSP button code is written, you can't walk diagonally, since it polls the keyboard.

When my changes are done, how do I go about pushing them into SVN? Mailing list post of the diff? Or can someone give me write access to SVN trunk respository?
Last edited by futaris on Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

futaris wrote:When my changes are done, how do I go about pushing them into SVN? Mailing list post of the diff? Or can someone give me write access to SVN trunk respository?
You should post it to the patch tracker for review and (possibly) inclusion.