PSP V2.71

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Silver_FBi

PSP V2.71

Post by Silver_FBi »

OK Came to the SCUMM for the psp a bit late, an already FULLY updated the psp, so just a simple ?, will the scumm be change updated some time later to work on V2.71, I did look on the forum first didnt see a ? like this SORRY if i missed it, Thank's for any help.
kraft

Post by kraft »

it should work on FW 2.7+ as soon as an eloader comes out for it. at this stage there is no way of playing homebrew that arnt flash on 2.7+
Silver_FBi

Post by Silver_FBi »

Thank's KRAFT, il keep my eye open for the day. 8)
Last edited by Silver_FBi on Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Silver_FBi wrote:Thank's KRAFT, il keep my open for the day. 8)
Another option is to get someone skilled to install the PSP modchip for you. It looks like a PITA to install. AFAIK, it *should* be available anytime now.
Silver_FBi

Post by Silver_FBi »

This is true, BUT i dont do mod chips Never have on any console never will but thanks anyway. :)

Ok so wot tools are used for flashing, or editing the eboot il have ago myself, (ps not done an codeing in any form for about 7 years now so a bit behind) but i have a go.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

I wouldn't even bother trying because it won't work. As Kraft said, you'll need to wait for an eboot method to be released specifically for firmware v2.71 and rumours are it'll never appear because Sony have done a 'good' job of removing security holes in the firmware.
fiksve

Post by fiksve »

That kind of rumors has always been around. They have patched up the TIF exploit as well as the GTA loophole, but they have also added a lot of new features, such as an updated browser -- All of these makes room for new exploits, and there is no such thing as secure software :)

Might take a while tough..
kraft

Post by kraft »

the more features they add the more chances of them making a bug in their firmware, only a few days ago they found a way to get into 2.5/6 for kernel access. id imagine they might make a mistake in the PS1 emulator that will be released later this year.

anythings possible at the moment, there jsut needs to be more developers looking for exploits
stuffe

2.71 firmware TIFF hack now working

Post by stuffe »

So visit www.noobz.eu for details. I am running scummvm v0.9 but having problems running Broken Sword on it (SKY works fine).